• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

good rogue PrCs vs. undead?

evilbob

Explorer
Looking for some good rogue feats, abilities, or especially PrCs that relate to fighting undead. I know the Ravenloft book has the "Lightbringer" character option, which is good. Otherwise, though, this class seems a bit empty in that department. Again, I'm looking for a "mid level" option, as opposed to something over level 12 so. Anything spring to mind?

Stratovarius

First Post
There's the Skullclan Hunter from the MiniHandbook, which grants the ability to sneak attack undead, as well as resistance to many of their attack forms (ability damage, negative levels, etc).

There is also a spell or two that allows sneak attacking of undead, although as a non-rogue player, I am blanking on the name.

Aestolia

First Post
I'd almost say just dip into a couple levels of sorcerer if your Cha is Decent

a number of first level spells were introduced in Complete Adventurer that could benefit:

Critical Strike - +1d6 damage, double threat range, +4 on crit confirmation for 1 round
Golem Strike - lets you sneak attack constructs for 1 round
Distract Assailant - One creature is flat footed for 1 round
Accelerated Movement - Move at normal speed with no penalty while using Balance, climb, Move silently...

These are just 4 examples, they can all be cast as a swift action so you can still do a full attack action after casting one.

There's more, and i know they're in Spell Compendium, I didn't mention one specificaly for Undead, though if I remember correctly there is one, much like there is for constructs.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
A few levels of Cloistered Cleric, and then Shadowbane Stalker (from C.Adv, IIRC).

At least 6 skill points at every level. :)

Cheers, -- N

Doug McCrae

Legend
Grave Strike, 1st-level cleric/paladin spell from Complete Adventurer and Spell Compendium, lets you sneak attack undead for one round.

Klaus

First Post
Doug McCrae said:
Grave Strike, 1st-level cleric/paladin spell from Complete Adventurer and Spell Compendium, lets you sneak attack undead for one round.
Penetrating Strike alternate class feature (Dungeonscape; replaces trap sense)
If you flank creatures immune to sneak attack, you still deal half of your sneak attack damage. Creatures that can't be flanked are immune to this.

An alternate class feature in Expedition to Castle Ravenloft lets you use half of your sneak attack damage on undead.

Thurbane

First Post
There is quite a lot, actually...

Deathstrike Bracers (MIC) allow you to critical or sneak attack creatures normally immune, 3/day.

Torack

First Post
There's the feat Razing Strike in the CAdv. It allows you to sneak attack an undead or construct by sacrificing spell slots.

Remove ads