[GP] A Game of Politics (closed)

Jemal

Adventurer
Ah what the hell.. I'm in, can post probly 1/day. Sometimes 2-3 times per day if it's a slow day, or maybe 1 every 2 days if things are hectic.

Timothy

First Post
okay, you're number 6!

I'm getting rokugan now.

But just for the courtier class, becuase these will not be a oriental campaign.

What kind of houses do you want in.

(what should be the focus area of your house)
Trade, Crime, Law, the Arcane, The divine, War, and whatever you come up with, there is one ruling house that handles the most important state decisions, but that house is not open to choose.

Last edited:

Bob Aberton

First Post
Here's a question:

Could my character be part of an "anti-noble house?"

By that I mean, one that's all about freedom.

It's made up of commoners and those with no "noble blood" in them.

The hierarchy is democratic.

One rises in status based on merit, not on basis of connections or money.

Naturally, this "house" (actually more of a discordant group of people who shout at each other all day and never get anything done...) is very looked down on by the other houses.

For its part, my house would hate all the other houses, considering them symbols and purveryors of tyranny, autocracy, and all those Bad Things(tm).

Good idea? Bad idea?

I could probably post at least 1/day, unless I'm on vacation or something, in which case you'll be notified.

On days where I'm not doing much (ie weekends) I could post more often...

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
I would prefer trade, crime, or the arcane- my character will be interested in at least a couple of these, if not all three, regardless of the house's specialty. I should have no problems posting once or twice a day, minimum.

Timothy

First Post
hey, bob, I like your idea very much, although remeber that you ARE going for power. because this game depends mostly on player initiative.

I'll get up a short describtion of the houses tonight (8-9 hours from now)

Timothy

First Post
The houses (short overview)

The Houses of Farnese

1: Taurus
The Ruling House, they represent Might and Warfare. The Emblem of this house is a great white bull, or a minotaur. Since the country, Farnese, was founded by Taur Aldabaran, a leader of several Barbarian tribes, now 900 Years ago, Taurus has almost always been the ruling house. The only Times another house raised to power was immediatly after the death of Taur Garuth. That was when Ratur Snaketongue of house Serpent took over. He made sure that none of Taur's many children survived. But he proved wrong and a grandson of Taur, Alnath the Bullheaded took up arms and crushed him. More recently, Vela, The house of trade took over when Pirates threatened the land and Taurus was not able to defend it properly. Vela worked together with Leo, The house of Military might and Law. And after the pirates were dealt with, Vela gave back the might to Taurus, displeasing her ally Leo heavily. Taurus now rules for 10 years, but it's current head is more interested with making the neighboring countries abgry then governing. (This house is not available for players)

2: Serpens
Named after the Serpent, this house is very secretive about it's dealings. The official stance is that they are a trading house but while this indeed is true, it is obvious they have other business as well. (This is like a small version of the zhentarim form the forgotten realms)
(Janos will take this house)

3: Leo
This house represents military might and upholding the law. Leo is actually a faction that Split up from Taurus 700 Years ago. It represents the more lawful attitude that is now prevailant in Farnese. 200 years after Taur Garuth founded Farnese with his barbarian tribes, the longing for a more civilized way of life and better laws resulted in House Leo.
(Leo(pold) will take this house)

4: Vela
This house was created by Suhail al Muhlif, a great merchant that came sailing from the unknown east 150 years ago. After arriving here, he set up a great trading empire, that involves the unknown eats as well. Only ships that bear the distinctive Blue sails of House Vela are admitted into the harbours of the east.
(ErichDragon will take this house)

5: Monoceros
This is the house of wizards or sorcerers, it’s name seems to change with every new ruler. The house has been called: Vulpecula, Draco, Gemini and a lot of other names. It is currently lead by Voll Mono, a good wizard, who insists all magic is used for good. Leadership of this house is established by mage duels, so in effect the mightiest, willing wizard has leadership over this house.
(Gwolf will take this house)

6: Ara
This house consists of the clergy of Farnese. In Farnese there is only one official god: Orr, the Sun. Other gods are believed to be other incarnations of Orr, and are worshipped as well. This house was founded only a few years after Taurus and was the first house that actually introduces the term ‘house’. This house is also known as the house of the sun.
(Jemal will take this house)

7: Centaurus
This is the house of nature. Mostly druids and rangers are members of this house. The leader of this house is the hierophant druid, who is called Chiron.
(Rino will take this house)

8: Lyra
This is the house of artists, this is the least influential of all houses, this is because the leaders mostly do not care about politics. But a few times in history, when a strong, political leader would stand up, this house influence would quickly grow.
(Byrons_Ghost will take this house)

9: Corona Austrina
This house, also called the nine house, or the power below, consists of the common people. This house is the newest house, and was created 5 years ago. It despices Tarus and doesn’t look kindly on Leo either. The other houses laugh about this house, as it is not more than a lot of people screaming what they want for now. The Corona is based on democratic views, but this leads to a lot of squabling within.
The name means: The Southern Crown, which is supposed to mean The power below according to it’s founders.
(Bob Aberton will take this house)

In case nobody noticed yet, all the houses are named after Constellations.

If you want to add another house, go right ahead, I used this website for the constellations: http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~dolan/constellations/constellation_list.html

Last edited:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
I will crush everyone with a mighty fist under an opressive regime that stamps out freedom and allows all to live under a strict order of laws and regulations, submit now and save yourself the time of posting...

Last edited:

Remove ads