[GP] A Game of Politics (closed)

ErichDragon

First Post
This is my first pbp game, so I have a few questions. Will we exchange email addresses and such for private messages. Do we copy the GM on all of these, etc. etc.

Jemal

Adventurer
Can we take the same house as someone else? I noticed a lot of houses have (NAME will take this house). Does that mean ONLY they can take the house?
If we can share houses would we be brothers or what?

IF we can't share houses, do we have to pick from the 3 remaining houses or can we introduce houses of our own?

Timothy

First Post
Usually it is not required to mail eachother, but this game is special., because you have your own agenda and do not work together regurly with the other players. If you want to do something that does not concern other players, mail me (gijsvanbilsen@hotmail.com, also for MSN) and I'll resolve your action. If you mail something to one player or a group of players, I would like to have a copy indeed, for I will need to know what is going on.

it will be an asset for you to resolve your actions with me on MSN, because I can react immediatly, and there are fewer misunderstandings.

Jemal: I would like all of you to act seperatly, competing against the others and to get a better place in your own house. So one player per house, first come, first serve.

I'm beginning to like this land that I have decided to make it my standard home brew setting. This means that I will can add extra rules and history and such after the game has allready started, this will flesh out the world further.

If anybosy has any rules they would like to add or suggest, please do so!

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Heck, I didn't know there were artists! Is it too late to change? You probably won't have too much trouble filling the Arcanists with a new player....

Another question... I'm noticing a distinct trend between Houses and PC classes. But I know you were also talking about having an Aristocrat version. Are we looking at multiclassing, or some sort of weird hybrid thing? Just curious. :p

Timothy

First Post
Byrons_Ghost said:
Heck, I didn't know there were artists! Is it too late to change? You probably won't have too much trouble filling the Arcanists with a new player....

Another question... I'm noticing a distinct trend between Houses and PC classes. But I know you were also talking about having an Aristocrat version. Are we looking at multiclassing, or some sort of weird hybrid thing? Just curious. :p

You can join the artists.
The houses weren't MEANT to have distinct lines to PC Classes, but if you want an house for every large group available, you quickly end up with this. I would like to have it another way, bit van't think of one. The trade house is probarly the only house not based on aclass, I wouled like to have more houses like that, so if ther are any ideas...

The Aristocrat class will give you some extra abilities that don't exist yet. It will be a mix between bard/rogue/fighter probarly.
I think muticlassing will be needed with the current line up.

Again: Open to suggestions.

Timothy

First Post
Leopold said:
can my house openly or secretively worship hextor?

I'm thinking of making the other gods be saints. So a mortal that was very focussed on one way of life. You can worship the saint of war.

ErichDragon

First Post
Timothy, how did you plan on our factions competing for power. Are we supposed to try and take over with our house in the lead? It would seem to me since we all have different areas to focus our attention our goals would seldom cross. For instance it appears that my house (Vela) already has a monopoly on trade, especially foregin. The Leo's probably already have a good grip on the army etc.

Maybe we should all be involved in different degrees in one area. All of the houses could be merchant houses vying for trade routes and royal concessions, or all noble political houses trying to get our people appointed to important government offices or command of armies.

I would also suggest that the nation be an expanding, conquering power, like ancient Rome. That will always open up new adventures and opportunities for the houses.

Just my 2 c.

Remove ads