• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GP] A Game of Politics (closed)

Timothy

First Post
Hey Rino!

Glad you're here too, although I planned to take this game to you guys as soon as I worked out the details.

Rino is a player and Co-DM in my PnP party.

You can join, then I'll just have to come up with different random events when playing with you guys.

I will create some history for the city/lands and faiths tomorrow.

I would like to give someone else the job of creating a blanced aristocrat class that fits the feeling of this game.

preferably someone who has MSN and is online whne I am.

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Just to clarify, definately switch me over to the artist category.

Had a thought about religion when it was brought up with the "saints" and all. Perhaps they are more like demi-gods (maybe former mortals, like you were talking about) who are all related, like squabbling siblings trying to get the attention of a distant creator god. Hence all the specialization and competition between the different gods & their supported Houses, as they try to be the one to win the big man's favor. Sort of an extended Cain & Abel scenario. If former mortals, they could have been illegitimate offspring like Zeus was always having.

Might place a little too much emphasis on religion/clerics, so I don't know. Just a thought.

Timothy

First Post
Hmmm, Byron this is a very interesting idea, although I was thinking a bit alonmg differnt lines.

I was thinking that saint would be mortals who did good, who were ascended to demi-god status by Orr (the all knowing god) all the saint have one domain, and there are as many saints as there are domains (with some exceptions, so that there are some spotts open)

But what you're suggesting is could also be done, I envisage it like this: Every house has one or posibly more patron Saint(s), which has domains that fit the house.

But I'll work out the deatils later.

Timothy

First Post
okay here's a map of the land.

It might not seem very good, but I'm still learning to use the program (and it came with the second edition TSR CD-rom, hehehe, but I just recently got it out of the dust)

I'll have to wait for my clothes to get out of the washing machine (two hours) So I'll be writing up the religions of the land too.

But don't count on it, because I may decide to let the machine go to hell on it;s own and go to bed.

Timothy

First Post
What I've got so far.

Religion of Farnese

Orr, The great Father.

Orr is believed to be the one true god. He made the world and keeps check on everyones destiny. Everyones destiny has been known since before time. In the period of Before Time, Orr made up a world, tales to amuse himself, so he wouldn’t feel lonely. When Orr was finished with writing his stories, he decided to make them come alive. He created the world of Atlas. Around the world of Atlas He created 8 planes. Goodness, Evil, Law, Chaos, Fire, Air, Water and Earth. He putted everyone who had a place in his stories on the world of Atlas. All of his stories will eventually become reality. He has not forseen all events, for that would make a boring story, but all the important decisions someone makes, are allready made for them.
Orr has, since he finished creating Atlas and the planes and only checked the Destinies. He let’s the day to day work of a god be carries out by Saints, that have been given a bit of divine power.

There are 22 Saints that are recognized as Saints by the great church of Orr. Next to these 22 saints, each race other than human has his own God. These gods are believed to be Orr in another form, and have slightly more power than the normal human saints. They are called Fathers or Mothers in stead of saints, and unlike saint they are not ascended mortals but have always been around. Each god has 3-4 domains that symbolize the characteristics of the races. These gods can pick their own saints as well.

The humans saints are: (In chronological order)

Taur Urgas of house Taurus. He founded Farnese by the law that the strongets survive. After Taur’s death, Orr made him his first Saint. He is master of the Domain of strength.

Radiant Noah of House Ara, he is the founder of house ara, and saw the sun as an the pinnacle of power that Orr created. He is master of the domain of the sun.

Ratur Snaketongue. Rathur Snaketongue killed all of Taur’s children through trickery and deceipt. He made one small mistake that cost him his life. But he wouldn’t regret that, because Orr made him a saint when Ratur arrived at the fathers door. He is Master of the domain of Trickery

Alnath the Bullheaded of house Taurus. Alnath was the second ruler of Farnese and perfect the art of warfare. He had to build his own army from loyal followers to defeat Ratur Snaketongue trough civil warfare. Alnath decided to trade his mortality for the powers of a saint when he reached the age of 87. He is master of the domain of War.

Timothy

First Post
okay, creating this world has gone from making a place for this game to my new pet-project. I unde4rstand that you guys wanna start. Let's have a vote.

do you want too:

Start the game as soon as possible, with just the core rules and the history now, with added history presenting itself in-game.

Start the game as soon as the world is fully developped (can take a while).

I'll assume option one is most favorite, so here are the rules:

Books: Core, splat, anything else you want if I okay it.
Lvl: 5
Point buy: 28

I'd like a small bio, containing why you joined a house, and what your future plans are. Personality and background are nice ut not a must have.

Remove ads