• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grapple for Dummies?

AWizardInDallas

First Post
Please forgive me for linking this topic over to my website. The forum controls just wouldn't let me present what I have to say in the format I needed. At any rate I have posted my take on the grappling rules in D&D 3.5 on my site. I've read the new grapple rules and I think they take away from the simulative aspects of hand-to-hand combat, wresting, grappling or whatever you want to call it.

I'm posting these as a public service. Thanks!

Grappling for Dummies?

Gansk

Explorer
You missed the part where creatures with improved grab inflict their natural weapon damage, plus possible constrict damage, with a successful grapple check. They do not have to attack at -4 to hit.

AWizardInDallas

First Post
Can you site the reference please? I did see the rather vague parethetical note on page 156 that "Certain monsters do not provoke attacks of opportunity when they attempt to grapple..." but that's all I see in the PHB.

AWizardInDallas

First Post
So... in the rules for Improved Grab and not so much in the rules for actually grappling and no mention of Improved Grab in the grapple rules then? That's very special.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads