• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grappling Clarification Needed

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Ki Ryn said:

. If the grapple is conducted normally, the creature does NOT
inflict more damage when it moves in, since it already inflicted
damage right before the free grab. But it does add “constrict”
damage at this time if applicable.

Good stuff there. Where did you find this part? Are you sure you must have Constrict to inflict the extra damage?

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
That smallish dragon of merely Large size does perfectly well at grappling commoners at -20. It is only breaks a sweat when it tries to hold a hero in its claw while fighting off would be rescuers. One-on-one, grappling a dragon is a losing proposition.

I think the Grappling rules are quite good. They definitely could be explained better though.

Last edited:

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
Ridley's Cohort said:

Good stuff there. Where did you find this part? Are you sure you must have Constrict to inflict the extra damage?
Mainly I just researched the heck out of it, then posted it to these boards for discussion; making changes as required. There were some second-hand Sage answers about stuff in the Monster Manual, but most of it is a consensus of opinions. I am certaily open to corrections and additions if new information has become available...

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Ridley's Cohort said:
Yes, that is correct. Check out the MM, page 9, Improved Grab, first sentence in the second paragraph. :D

Remove ads