Graz'zt, the Dark Prince (Demonomicon style)

Nookie

Explorer
Pathfinder stats for grazzt.

Hd changes to d20 so he gets 37 more HP
Skills are combined

CMD 68

CMB +48

SHould have 6 more feats (19 total)

Skills are combined (Hide and move silent becomes Stealth ect ect.)

Skill points equal to 6 + Int modifier (minimum 1) per Hit Die. The following are class skills for outsiders: Bluff, Craft, Knowledge (planes), Perception, Sense Motive, and Stealth. Due to their varied nature, outsiders also receive 4 additional class skills determined by the creature's theme.
(Knowledge Religion, Survival, Diplomacy, Intimidate Seem appropriate)

(740 skill points in Graz'zts case)

Hope that helps happy converting.

Cleon

Legend
This is awesome, just wanted to say that.

Yup. There's now an official 37 HD version of Graz'zt in Dragon #360 which this one compares quite favorably to.

The Dragon version has a 60 ft. (good) fly speed and a "Tyranny" special attack while Razz's has Eldritch Blast and Sanctuary Aura.

Of course the real question is - which one would win in a fight!

I have always loved this format

does anyone have the lists of the others and where i can find each one. i have been out of the RPG mode for awhile and i am just getting back to it.

Cleon

Legend
does anyone have the lists of the others and where i can find each one. i have been out of the RPG mode for awhile and i am just getting back to it.

If you're referring to James Jacob's Demonomicon of Iggwilv series, the full list is:

Dragon 329 - Pazuzu, Prince of the Aerial Kingdoms
Dragon 333 - Fraz-Urb'luu, Prince of Deception
Dragon 337 - Zuggtmoy, Queen of Fungi
Dragon 341 - Baphomet, Prince of Beasts
Dragon 345 - Kostchtchie, Prince of Wrath
Dragon 349 - Dagon, Prince of Darkened Depths
Dragon 353 - Malcanthet, Queen of Succubi
Dragon 357 - Demogorgon, Prince of Demons
Dragon 359 - Apocrypha
Dragon 360 - Graz’zt, the Dark Prince

The Dragon #359 issue is the last of the print run and has a bunch of minor Demon Lords, as follows:

Ardat, The Unavowed (three-headed harpy rogue 20)
Dwiergus, the Chrysalis Prince (elite chaos beast)
Lascer, Lord of the Shadow Shoal (corrupted human fighter 12/assassin 10)
Shaktari, Queen of Mariliths (30 HD elite marilith)
Ugudenk, The Squirming King (40 HD purple worm)

Of the above, only Dwiergus has a full stat block.

Dragon #360 is digital-only.

Cleon

Legend
thanks for answering so quickly
this is awesome:)

Glad to help.

The Demonomicon of Iggwilv series in Dragon Magazine was not the only source of Demon Lords in that format, although the others generally don't have cult information, just stats and sometimes encounter information.

Fiendish Codex Demon Lords
There's a bunch of Demon Lords in this format in Fiendish Codex I: Hoards of the Abyss:

Baphomet, Prince of Beasts
Dagon, Prince of the Depths
Demogorgon, Prince of Demons
Fraz-Urb'luu, Prince of Deception
Graz'zt, The Dark Prince
Juiblex, The Faceless Lord
Kostchtchei, Prince of Wrath
Malcanthet, Queen of the Succubi
Obox-ob, Prince of Vermin
Orcus, Prince of the Undead
Pale Night, The Mother of Demons
Pazuzu, Prince of the Lower Aerial Kingdoms
Yeenoghu, Prince of Gnolls
Zuggtmoy, Lady of Fungi

Many of the Fiendish Codex Demon Lords also appear in Dragon magazine The Demonomicom of Iggwilv series. The Demonomicon versions are considerably tougher than the Codex's, which range from CR 19-23 and usually have a few less special abilities.

Savage Tide Demon Lords
The Savage Tide adventure path in Dungeon Magazine #139 to #150 also features a few Demon Lords in the Demonomicon style, although it's just the stat block without any cult info.

Dungeon #148 - Shami-Amourae, Lady of Delights
Dungeon #149 - Aspect of Obox-Ob
Dungeon #149 - Malcanthet, Queen of Succubi
Dungeon #149 - Orcus, Prince of the Undead
Dungeon #150 - Demogorgon, Prince of Demons

Only Shami-Amourae and Orcus have a new set of stats.

The Savage Tide Demogorgon and Malcanthet stats are the same as their Demonomicon of Iggwilv versions in Dragon magazine and the Aspect of Obox-Ob is a "major aspect" that basically recycles the Fiendish Codex's CR 22 Obox-ob in a different format.

The Savage Tide Orcus is, AFAIK, the only version of that lord at the higher Demonomicon Challenge Rating (he's CR 32).

Shami-Amourae is presented as a minor demon lord in Savage Tide, as a kind of "pretender queen of Succubi". She is actually the original Queen of the Succubi, since she first appeared as a 1st-edition AD&D monster in Dungeon #5, years before Malcanthet. Her original stats suggest she should be a lot more powerful, since the AD&D version was a demigoddess who was also a 22nd level magic-user, 19th level cleric, and 12th-level fighter. In the Savage Tide she's "only" CR 19.

Oh well, maybe the Savage Tide version was really a "major aspect" rather than the full deal.

Remove ads