D&D General Why would someone that's the heir of both A Very Minor Duke and A Minor Baroness become A Adventurer?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Out of boredom I've amused used A Mates Family Generation Tables to create a background for A Dnd Character and I'm puzzled. Why would someone that's the heir of both A Very Minor Duke and A Minor Baroness become A Adventurer?

So great is The Very Minor Dukes concern for his heir/my character, that he has assigned A Guard Force that consists of 1 31 Strong Platoon, 1 7 Strong Squad and 1 5 Strong Squad to protect his heir/my character
You can't go adventure with a small army at your back.

mamba

Legend
Probably no dragons on those tables.
no, probably not, given that they were for character background. My overall point is unaffected by this however. If you do not mirror 15th century UK in anything else, why does it have to mirror its misogyny

Actually, that's not true. In other posts the OP has specially mentioned the existence of dragons (usually as part of a noble's bodyguard).
I stand corrected, so it is even more in my favor ;)

The focus on dragons is also telling, chances are there would have been dwarves and elves on them, which still is making my point

Remove ads