• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Greater invisibility spamming?

mellored

Legend
You could also go tome and grab shillelagh and wear medium armor to save a few ASIs.
Fair point about bladelocks not actually adding anything.
Though shillelagh doesn't work with sneak attack and i still want Dex for stealth.
Indivisible familiar would be pretty fitting....

Hmm...

faria

First Post
So what's the conclusion? Is Fighter 1-> Rogue 2 -> Warlock 8 -> Fighter 4 -> Rogue 8 the best way to do this and stick to Booming Blade? What Invocations are best? Why are the last levels going into Rogue instead of another class? If you take Rogue to 2, then wouldn't 6 extra levels in a 4th class (or 4 extra levels if you take Rogue to 4 for the ASI) offer more, such as Sorcerer for Twin spell like someone mentioned? I don't get what those extra Rogue levels are for. Do you get to add Sneak Attack dice or something?

mellored

Legend
So what's the conclusion? Is Fighter 1-> Rogue 2 -> Warlock 8 -> Fighter 4 -> Rogue 8 the best way to do this and stick to Booming Blade? What Invocations are best? Why are the last levels going into Rogue instead of another class? If you take Rogue to 2, then wouldn't 6 extra levels in a 4th class (or 4 extra levels if you take Rogue to 4 for the ASI) offer more, such as Sorcerer for Twin spell like someone mentioned? I don't get what those extra Rogue levels are for. Do you get to add Sneak Attack dice or something?
Yes, rogue does add sneak attack damage. Booming blade takes all the normal hit damage, along with the cantrip damage.

As for the conclusion... there's several good options.

Fighter 1-> Rogue 2 -> Warlock 8 -> Fighter 4 -> Rogue 8 for high damage.
or
Sorcerer 1->rogue 2->warlock 8->sorcerer 4->rogue 4 for twinned.
or
Something -> Warlock 11 to get an extra greater invisibility.

Remove ads