• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Greater invisibility spamming?

mellored

Legend
Fighter 1 -> Warlock 8 (Warcaster + 18 dex) -> 2 rogue (cunning action) -> fighter 4 (20 dex, action surge, improve critical) -> Pali 4 (smite, 18 CHA) -> rogue 4 (assassinate + 20 CHA)
You won't get many slots to use with only pali 4.
The warlock ones go to to invisibility.

I think precision strike would do more then champion...

Let's see....

Also Warlock 12 gets you lifedrinker, if you are going all the way to 11 for that 3rd spell.
True.... though warlock levels 9 and 10 are effectively empty for this build.

I think i'll go.

Aarakocra
8 str
14 Con
15+2 Dex
8 Int
10+1 Wis
15 Cha

Fighter 1-> Rogue 2 -> Warlock 8 -> Fighter 4 -> Rogue 8

Feats:
+1 Dex/ + 1 Cha (18/16)
Warcaster
+2 Dex (20)
Inspiring Leader / +2 Cha
+2 Cha

mellored

Legend
I'll also toss out sorcerer 4 / warlock 12 / rogue 4, because twined greater invisibility.

Why invisibly stalk an enemy, when you can invisibly stalk enemies with your party?
All stealth, all invisible party.

Also sorcerer's get Con saves.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
I'll also toss out sorcerer 4 / warlock 12 / rogue 4, because twined greater invisibility.

Why invisibly stalk an enemy, when you can invisibly stalk enemies with your party?
All stealth, all invisible party.

Also sorcerer's get Con saves.

Dragon Sorcerer also frees up the Mage Armor invocation I suggested taking. I don't know what you take instead but I'm sure there's something good to come of that.

TheBigHouse

Explorer
You won't get many slots to use with only pali 4.
The warlock ones go to to invisibility.

I think precision strike would do more then champion...

Let's see....

True.... though warlock levels 9 and 10 are effectively empty for this build.

I think i'll go.

Aarakocra
8 str
14 Con
15+2 Dex
8 Int
10+1 Wis
15 Cha

Fighter 1-> Rogue 2 -> Warlock 8 -> Fighter 4 -> Rogue 8

Feats:
+1 Dex/ + 1 Cha (18/16)
Warcaster
+2 Dex (20)
Inspiring Leader / +2 Cha
+2 Cha

Looks good, but consider if you even need CHA past 13 for this. If all you want is greater invis, maybe skip the CHA bumps and grab feats or more con/wis.

mellored

Legend
Looks good, but consider if you even need CHA past 13 for this. If all you want is greater invis, maybe skip the CHA bumps and grab feats or more con/wis.
true, but i like having eldrich blast to fall back on if needed. though flying also ignores tremmorsense, so you only need to worry about blindsight or running out of invisibility.
also dissonant whispers + warcaster at lower levels works good.
and i plan on taking cha skills and the at-will disguse self.

but really i doupt i'll make it to the last bump. that said, some other builds can certainly ignore cha, like fighter 11.

Remove ads