Greatest Fantasy Wizards?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Both of these show up in multiple stories in the Thieves World anthology, and so serve as movers and shakers of that wizarding world:
Enas Yorl
Lythande

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Mary Poppins.

(I imagine an animated scene where Thanos's snap takes out the kids she's watching, and Mary looks at him through a mirror angrily, taps her foot, and he apologizes and brings them back).

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Now that I think about it, a Mary Poppins style domestic urban deity would be a pretty neat inclusion into a D&D world. No one would expect the prim nanny to be an epic level threat, since she's mostly focused on the kids being clean, well-behaved and taking their lessons seriously.

If gods spring from the power of belief (in many settings), surely parents could will someone like Mary into existence.

Muso

Explorer
Uhm... no one cited Vecna or Acererak or Fistandantilus.
But Gandalf and Raistlin are in my personal top list, while Ged from Earthsea and Miyazaki's Howl are some of my favourites.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Now that I think about it, a Mary Poppins style domestic urban deity would be a pretty neat inclusion into a D&D world. No one would expect the prim nanny to be an epic level threat, since she's mostly focused on the kids being clean, well-behaved and taking their lessons seriously.

If gods spring from the power of belief (in many settings), surely parents could will someone like Mary into existence.

I wonder what their failure to do so would say about children (or relationships) on such a world :)

Remove ads