• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greatest Hero of All Time (Preliminary Research before Poll)

jester47

First Post
Odysseus
Samwise Gamgee
Gandalf
Conan
Elric
Sherlock Holmes
Dr. Who
Van Helsing
Dr. Frankenstein
Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser
Spiderman
Batman
Hercules
Beowulf
the three muskateers (all four of them)
Buck Rogers
Flash Gordon
Wesley/the Dread Pirate Roberts
Sampson
King Solomon
Jesus
Moses
Ali Baba
Robin Hood
King David
Augustus Caesar
Vercingetorix
Baldwin
Percival
Lancelot
Roland
Joan of Arc
El Cid
Hector
Achilles
Samaurai Jack

Of these my top ten is:

Beowulf
King David
Wesley/The Dread Pirate Roberts
Sherlock Holmes
Samwise Gamgee
Joan of Arc
Dr. Frankenstein
Samauri Jack
Robin Hood
Spiderman

The reason I picked these final 10 was that they were not just great warriors with good P.R. but rather they were characters or people with principles that rarely ever get comprimised in the tellings of their story yet still have roots in their humanity. I have left out the anti heros of Conan, Elric, Fafhrd, the Grey Mouser, and Batman for the very fact that they are not true heroes. Conan is a force of nature, Elric barely tries to do what is right, Fand GM are out for themselves, and Batman is too conflicted. Also left out are the semi divine and derivitives of other characters. i.e. Dr. Who and Sherlock Holmes.

Aaron

jester47

First Post
Don21584 said:
Robert the Bruce

Robert the Bruce killed a man in a church in order to become king of Scotland. I think that terminates his hero status. Wallace was more of a hero. Bruce was a politician. Kind of like Guevara and Castro...

Aaron.

Eosin the Red

First Post
William Wallace ---- the movie version

Druss the Legend

Uther Pendragon

Michael Dorn (Worf) - as an astronaut in the Outer Limits episode "The Measure of a Hero"

Cade Foster - First Wave

Tyrion - A Game of Thrones

Sparticus

Saladin

Ripley

Supes

The Batman

Burke -- Vachss

Capt America

John "yipee ki ya ^@^#@*&^" from Die Hard #1

Audie Murphy

John Halfcock

John Wayne

jester47

First Post
William Wallace the RL version falls into hero catagory.

I forgot about Riply! Hoever I think it should only count for the first and second movies. She looses plausibility and consistancy from the third on.

JC, gotta give it to the guy, damned good hero material. Lawyers comin at him from every side, dodging the Romans, Betrayal, Torture (ever see a crusifiction nail from the Roman era? Ouch!) Good intentions, Temptation straigh from the devil. Kick ass.

another historical is Geronimo.

Aaron.

Methinkus

First Post
Galahad - the illegitimate son of Lancelot who succeeded in the Quest for the Grail, healed the King, brought fertility back to the land and was granted visions of god. Pure of heart and undefeated in combat even by Lancelot himself. That’s a hero.

And of course - Wesley/The Dread Pirate Roberts

Remove ads