• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greatest Swordsman Or King of the North

Which should I pick?

• Viking King

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Greatest Swordsman

Votes: 3 37.5%

Force6262

First Post
So we are doing a game with mythic characters, and I cant decide if I should play a guy who tries to become the worlds greatest swordsman by fighting a long list of the inner seas top fighters, or become the king of all the north by uniting the three northern countries. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
I'd prefer the uniting of the kingdoms thing. Lots of Diplomacy, Court Intrigue and Conquering sounds better to me than some duels. Though of course this would depend on how your DM is handling things, so keep that in mind by making your final choice.

Daniel Runge

First Post
You could combine them a bit.

You could wish to unite the northern lands, but to do so you must first acquire a handful of trusted lieutenants - The greatest swordsmen in the north/world.
Then, once you have a suitable following of amazing swordsme,n you conquer the north and bring it together. Your party would be the diplomats, scribes, translators, and bards - and whatever else you need to get a hold of the country, and your army would be the people you rally to your course, ran by your newly "acquired" lieutenants.

Hope this helps :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads