• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Green Races Campaign Book

Psion

Adventurer
ASEO, I agree with you on the value of this product. If you disagree with the reviewer, you should feel free to express what the flaws are you think he missed or downplayed.

However, I really cannot condone attacking someone's credibility because you disagree with them. Please stick to comments on the product, and drop the speculation on the reviewer's motives. There are a vareity of viewpoints on any given book and room for more than just one opinion.

Thanks.

Lately, it was brought to my attention that someone , who posts as Aseo, has been exceptionally harsh of my critics. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, including myself. I have been gaming since D&D was in pamphlets and I ENJOY most of the products I review. I can find something good in nearly anything and try NOT to trash someone for the sake of trashing it. He slams my review as glowing for (his opinion) an inferior product when, in fact, as shown above this product got a B-, clearly I felt it was not as good as other products I have given higher grades for and others I have given lower for. Fast Forward has problems I have adressed several times before in my reviews, mainly they try to do too much and leave too much for the DM to fill in, "not enough attention to detail". On the other hand Fast Forward has some of the best writers that came out of TSR heading up their projects. Mr. Aseo can damn the products as he wishes, he is as much entitled to his opinion as I am, but I am not going to stoop to his level and get into a flame war pissing contest over what is my constititionally garanteed opinion. If he doesn't like my reviews DON'T read them, but I am entitled to both make them and have them printed as he is to dissent them. I don't know who he is, it doesn't matter to me who he is, I have my opinion, he has his. As long as I find things good in a product I will continue to write good things, I am not in this to make money for anyone, I am in this to have fun and by having fun that means I can find things to improve my own game in a product. That's what I look for in a review, that's what I shop for and that's how I prioritize what I shop for, how does this improve MY game.

Bruce Boughner
Staff Reviewer
Co-Host of Mortality Radio

ASEO

First Post
I can live with that. I just wanted to make it clear to any who read your review that many people do not believe this product deserves a 4. Sure I could have written my own review of the product, but this way people are able to see the great variance in opinion on this product.

Sorry if you took insult at my comments. None was intended. I just could not fathom why you would rate this product so highly when so many people feel it is inferior. You have since explained that you review the products in relation to your game and not necessarily in comparison to other products out on the market.

You have made a good point. Even a rusted out hulk of an old car may have one or two serviceable' parts. If you base your ratings on the value of those parts then that is up to you. I promise you won't hear any more complaints on your reviews from me now that you have explained that you rate based on your game. That also explains why your reviews tend to be more supportive of a product than most.

Every cloud has a silver lining...and hundreds of people get struck by lightning each year looking for that lining.

I have to go to Iraq.

ASEO out

No problem, there is good in most every product and no one deserves to be roasted so badly, I have in the past given very low scores if the product wasn't very original (find my review of the Pale Lady). I agree that most of FFE's product doesn't rate the same as Green Ronin or Bastion for example, but they have their good point and they are prolifically original. I have stated and stand by the statement that FFE leaves too much to the DM in the minutae of area descriptions where they could be a lot more descriptive. But to their credit, they have a lot of innovative ideas, as they often have stated some of these go back to the days of first edition and that strikes a chord to venerable old dragons like Smaug.

And by 4 I take it to mean by Enworld's rating system, it got a B- by d20zines standards and only just because thought it was an innovative concept and months ahead of WotC's Savage Species or I otherwise would have given it a C+

Smaug

Remove ads