• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greg Tito Is UHURA!

Former Escapist editor-in-chief Greg Tito is now WotC's new Communications Manager according to D&D Brand Manager Nathan Stewart -- "Please welcome Greg Tito newest member of the D&D team. Greg joins our team as Communications Manager and official bag of holding holder." Greg was laid off from The Escapist a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned his recent layoff, whihc also involved others: "Due to budget cuts at Defy Media, the parent company of The Escapist, Game Front, and GameTrailers, a large number of my colleagues have also been let go. This news sucks for everyone, including those left behind to run these publications. My thoughts are with all of you and I hope you bounce back with a new gig soon."

Former Escapist editor-in-chief Greg Tito is now WotC's new Communications Manager according to D&D Brand Manager Nathan Stewart -- "Please welcome Greg Tito newest member of the D&D team. Greg joins our team as Communications Manager and official bag of holding holder." Greg was laid off from The Escapist a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned his recent layoff, whihc also involved others: "Due to budget cuts at Defy Media, the parent company of The Escapist, Game Front, and GameTrailers, a large number of my colleagues have also been let go. This news sucks for everyone, including those left behind to run these publications. My thoughts are with all of you and I hope you bounce back with a new gig soon."

The fact that Wizards of the Coast would hire this person as their Communications Manager puts a black mark on the company.
Hasbro is a corporation, it has much bigger black marks. I'd provide more examples, but looking those up gets depressing.
I think it should be relevant to anyone who wants someone ethical working at their company. Well, unless said company wants someone to lie to their customers.
Who has ever heard of a corporate employee lying to the public? Like when the Wotc employee said there would not be a 4.5 Edition. They kept their word, after all, it was called Essentials, not 4.5!

Dire Bare

Legend
This is a great thread! Good news for Greg Tito and WotC, and I get to add a bunch of gamergate fools to my ignore list! Win-win-win!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If you want to talk about politics, there are already 97,675,231 very long threads on the Internet you can join in on, including some over at Circvsmaximvs. We don't need thread #97,675,232 here. Please keep that out of the thread, please, and if you can't then just head to one of the previously mentioned 97,675,231 locations on the Internet to discuss it!

Ricochet

Explorer
EDIT: Oops, saw Morrus's reprimand on page 2 after I posted. I'll just say that the decision to hire this man seems strange.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Has anyone, yet, I don't know, actually looked at his qualifications, at least?

I'm in the dark, don't know who Greg Tito is, but I would be curious what his history has been, and what he was doing at The Escapist.

You know, without the one-sided, inflated rhetoric.

delericho

Legend
What does a communications manager do anyway?

Presumably, such a person would manage communications. Or, less flippantly, they'd be responsible for coordinating which messages go out to which people and through which channels.

Given my opinion of WotC's recent track record, I can't help but find it positive they have someone in this role. I have no opinion on this person in particular - I've cultivated a willful ignorance where the GamerGate thing is concerned.

Remove ads

Remove ads