• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Greyhawk Confirmed. Tell Me Why.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I'm not sure how true that is, actually. The 1e monster books absolutely integrate psionics where appropriate.

I mean, they put them in there, but we actively ignored it.

It appears that's what GG preferred? (Dragon Magazine #103 from November 1985 about his envisioned 2nd edition):

1715799489311.png

1715799503978.png

Random resource on Psionics in D&D:

RedSquirrel

Explorer
Yawning Portal has a higher word course per page than the original modules, at least.
Tales from the Yawning Portal has about 900-1,000 words per page, as well.
And the 1980 Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan (one of the adventures in TftYP), as an example, also has about 900-1,000.

TftYP likely has a higher total word count, though.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Maybe consider starting a [Psionics in Eldritch Wizardry] topic. You're likely to get more responses if it's on the front page, rather than buried on page 23 (or wherever).
I discovered a readable copy and it is indeed very much like the system that ended up in the 1E PHB. But, hoo boy, had I forgotten how absolutely maddening the layout of those old "books" was. Desktop publishing saved D&D.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Meant "my playgroups". But now you're going to make me make a poll to see how many people used them regularly...

And so, @Micah Sweet, I did:

Remove ads