GREYHAWK CY963 GOLDEN ERA CAMPAIGN: HEROES OF DYVERS: CHAPTER 4

redraider629

Explorer
Thallok:
Thallok nods in agreement, "I will walk at the front" He readies his falchion should danger appear.

Kleborn:
"Well, that is a nifty axe you have there." He then makes his way to the rest of the group feeling much better. He takes up position behind those with better abilities to see in the dark next to Dewydd. "I will be right behind you"

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
A Shocking Discovery!

GM:

With various light sources in use (the lighted stones, the axe, the phosphorescent moss) it is now easy to see in this environment. The axe comments one final time, before becoming silent, "Ah, the Skorane Caverns, haven't been here in awhile. I'll keep my light on, unless you tell me otherwise, Young Apprentice Vale. My light will shine for many hours, if you wish it."

Here is an overview of what you've managed to explore:

Caves-Under-Well-002.png

And upon exploration of the left passage, you are surprised to find THE GOLEM! However, he is standing still, apparently oblivious to your presence!

The Golem is standing in a large cavern, filled with stalactites and stalagmites, next to three teleport circles, each of a different color. (Red, Blue, and Yellow.)

The Golem is glowing dimly, and the glow has a pulsing rhythm to it, along with a low, static hum. It appears to be in some sort of regenerative cycle, magically repairing the damage that it suffered!

The cavern in which the golem is standing looks like this:

00-Second-Cavern-Map-001.png

The party is standing JUST OFF THE RIGHT EDGE of this map; if you want to enter the cavern, please decide upon a marching order.

(The recommended marching order would either be four ranks of two, or three ranks of 3, 3, and 2.)

Everyone: What do you do?

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam-Tam, feeling secure in the midst of such boon companions still finds his curiosity inescapable, and sidles up beside Thallok to get a better view.

"So, Red,"Tam-Tam says to Thallok as if they've known each other for years, to the point even of having "pet" names for each other, "what have we here?" he asks, with a mixture of wonder, delight --- and mischief in his voice.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar sighs and takes out his Naginata knowing all he can do is distract the Golem while the others attack it. It appears that the Golem will leave us alone for now, but if we don't kill it it could cause trouble for us later.... We could cause it to fall into one of those portals but we have no way of knowing where they lead. We could very well be dooming someone to a violent death...The best and yet most reckless course of action would be to attempt to kill it.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM: Apologies for minimal formatting; posted from my phone.

GM:
Sylvar's Bardic Knowledge Check:

These teleport circles are of the Drow variety.
These circles were made by the Drow sorceress that you sang the ballad about; in fact, her signature is among the runes.
They are obviously color coded; what the colors mean? You have no clue.
These types of Drow circles are rumored to have time travel abilities, in addition to mere spatial folding.
These types of Drow circles are often deviously trapped; examples include stepping onto the circle as yourself, and arriving
at your destination as a house cat. Or being transported 100 years into the past/future.
You can tell that these circles are warded, but you can't determine specifically how, or against what.
The stone plate that the golem is standing on is the source of its repair abilities.

redraider629

Explorer
Thallok looks down at Tam-Tam and says "well my little friend, I do believe we have a decision to make. I for one would love to take this golem out, but I am an orc." Thallok for some reason likes the name red, nobody has ever called him by another name before, much less asked for his opinion. There is something about Tam-Tam that Thallok respects.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar's expression changes, and he replaces his Naginata, and removes his lute. Respen, I have a song that will increase your prowess in battle, but you must be willing to allow the song to affect your mind. Are you willing? I must know before playing the song because the effects will last for as long as I keep playing, and for a few minutes afterwards. This will take me out of the battle, but my Naginata is useless anyway.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
As the party enters the cavern, each member fretting about tactical position, the humming stops, and the golem begins to move.

00-Second-Cavern-Map-002.png

GM:
Initiative Order:

Dewydd = 24
Respen = 23
Tam-Tam = 21

Thallok = 20
Lathir = 17
Vale = 13
Sylvar = 6a
Kleborn = 6b

Golem = 3

Dewydd: It's your turn. What do you do?

Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Normally calm, cool, and collected, a dangerous glint appears in my eyes. My disciplined demeanor slides away as I shift my stance into into an offensive prowl, like a tiger ready to pounce. I growl, "Oh yes - you remember me, bastard. I brought a present for you. A special 'thank you' for trying to throw me down that well. Come - let's dance." With that, I tighten my grip on the magical adamantine greatclub and charge the golem, leaping to meet it.

OOC: 29, 25, and 14 to hit (so definitely at least one miss, only rolling damage for the 29 and 25 :D). I have a 6 AC right now - go big or go home; aka - this is gonna hurt! 43 and 29 points.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Battle Begins!

Dewydd charges the Golem, leaping into the air, bringing his hammer crashing down to deliver two devastating blows, either of which would have completely crushed an average man; Dewydd leaves two HUGE dents in the Golem's torso, and the automaton staggers and wobbles a bit, before correcting itself. Dewydd, you are close enough to hear the golem mutter, in a calm, quiet tone: "Priority change; switching to defense."

GM:
Berserk chance: 1% (62 = Not berserk.)

AC 29 = Hit (43 pts. Damage)
AC 25 = Hit (29 pts. Damage)
AC 14 = Ineffective Hit (You can "hit" him easily, but his AC reflects how hard the enchanted clay is.)
Total Damage Inflicted: 72 pts.
Golem is severely damaged, but still up.

00-Second-Cavern-Map-003.png

RESPEN: It's your turn. What do you do?

Remove ads