GREYHAWK CY963 GOLDEN ERA CAMPAIGN: HEROES OF DYVERS: CHAPTER 4

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Unfortunately for Tam-Tam, this cavern seems to be of utilitarian purpose, containing no treasures that are readily apparent; although it does occur to him that knowledge of this cavern's existence, and of its purpose, might be worth much gold to the right person.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar examines the portals and thinks about all the information the group has then speaks up..."I don't think the Drow queen is in these caverns. We could spend more time examining and fighting whatever minions she left behind or we can jump into one of these portals and see what happens... If we join hands we can all go through at the same time and I can create a sphere of invisibility that will hide us from any would be hostiles in the other side."

GM: Just remember to cast the Invis. Sphere FIRST, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam-Tam, not finding any treasure(s) lying about, sidles his way back to the group around the portals.

Hearing the last of what was being said, he realizes that this could be useful information --- at the right price. Not that he wanted to betray his friends. He heard about sealing the place off to keep such power hidden; but, the wheeler-dealer in him couldn't resist the opportunity to make some serious coin.

Tam-Tam knows he could remember the location of the cave itself; but, instead of looking for treasure, he should have continued to listen to the details of the portals from the beginning. He knew they were important, but he hadn't really listened to where they possibly led. He didn't even recall the surmises on who may have created these things.

(Tam-Tam rolls an 8 on Intelligence check for Information Gathering and Recall)

He realizes that maybe he missed an opportunity here; but, Tam-Tam doesn't regret it much. The thought of going behind his new friends' backs to turn a profit, unsettled him --- something he was not used to feeling.

Though adept as a thief, Tam-Tam realizes that he never really had the callous disregard for others that nearly all thieves have. Sure, he'd pull a trick as a file (pickpocket) now and again, but he'd choose targets who were avaricious and mean-hearted individuals of wealth, most frequently land-holders who rented lands or shops at exorbitant rates to nefariously bankrupt their "clients". These he had no remorse in "bankrupting" in his own way.

Tam-Tam shakes himself from his thoughts as he hears Sylvar mention something of going through a portal hand-in-hand as a group.

But, didn't someone mention something about chain lightning traps or some such thing?

Hmm --- was this something in his purview? A trap he could disarm --- magical or not?

He just had to ask.

"Excuse me," Tam-Tam chimes in, "concerning the traps on these portals, is it something I might be able to disarm? Or can it only be done by magical means?"

GM: Yes, you can possibly disarm this trap. You can make a Disable Device check (d20 + total DD skill rating); the DC for the check is 31. If you fail, you will set off the trap. Consider your attempt very carefully, because there's no "do over" here; Chain Lightning is a DEADLY spell, of EXTREME potency.

RULE REFERENCE:
https://sites.google.com/site/selectedresources/home/IMG_3456.PNG?attredirects=0

Waynan

Adventurer
Waiting for a response from "those in the know", Tam-Tam surveils the problem and decides to reconsider his intention, not wanting a shocking surprise that could be the last thing he experiences. He had other visions of his end: a memorably brilliant duel to his death, a just failed dangerous leap from one rooftop to another during a chase, even hanging for "crimes against the Crown" after giving some great oratory against the "crimes OF the Crown". Stuff that would inspire Bards to sing about for ages to come; but, not to be remembered for being foolishly sizzled, or poisoned, or diseased because of a failed disabling of a classic, if devilishly clever, trap --- magical or otherwise.

"On second thought, this may surely be beyond my skill at this time.", he murmurs embarassingly to himself, though not quietly enough that those nearest him couldn't hear.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir Takes Action

With the notable change in his personality for its progression from reserved to confident, Lathir looks over to Sylvar.
"Prepare that invisibility for the rest of the group."

With that he walks back over to the yellow marker and states boldly,
"NOSNRA!"

He then steps onto the device.

GM:
Oh, wow. That was quite brave. +500 xp. pts. for pure courage... or pure foolhardiness... whichever it ends up being! :D

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Alright, well then I guess its decided. Everyone step within 10 feet of me and hold hands. Whatever happens when we get to the other side remember that if start fighting with someone the spell will end for you. If I must attack someone the spell ends for everyone.

Sylvar waits for everyone to step into a ten foot area around him. Then begins to sing a song that fades in and out of volume and pitch, it resembles songs sung by the throat singers found high up in the mountains.

Hiiiiiiidddddde frrrrroooooommmm pryyyyyyiiiiiiinnnnggggg eyyyyyyyyeeees
Ennnnveeeloppppe thhee seeeen, maaaaakeee theeeemmmmm unnnnsssseeeennnn

Uppppeeeeennnddd thheeee naaaaaaturaaalll orrrrdddeeerrr
Beeeennnnndddd aaaaannndddd hidddddeeee theeee liiiiiiiggggghhhhhttt

Hiiiiiiidddddeeeee thheeeee seeeennnnnn, maaaaaakkkeeee alllll ellllssssseee bliiiiiinnnnndddddd

Once the spell is complete the sphere has formed and everyone has joined hands, Sylvar says NOSNRA and steps into the portal.

GM:
Round 1: Sylvar issues instructions. Everyone gathers together and joins hands.
Round 1: Lathir issues instructions. Lathir says the command word, and steps onto the circle.
Round 1: Lathir appears at his destination.
Round 2: Sylvar casts Invisibility Sphere.
Round 2: Lathir can now act.
Round 3: Sylvar steps onto the circle, saying the command word. Since everyone's hands are still linked, stepping onto the circle causes EVERYONE to teleport.
Round 3: Everyone else arrives (invisible) at their destination.
Round 4: Everyone else can now act.

redraider629

Explorer
Kleborn:
Kleborn as the party arrives at the new location says with a smile on his face "Second times a charm I guess. That was certainly better than the last time that happened to me."

Thallok:
Thallok has his falcion ready, "I am not sure I like this, but I am ready to deal with whatever comes our way."

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar to Everyone: Remember, if you attack someone you will become visible to everyone around you. If you pass out of the sphere you will become visible. creatures passing through the sphere will not be able to see you. The spell will only break completely if I must engaged in battle.

redraider629

Explorer
Kleborn to Sylar "Well, lets hope you will not have to engage in battle." He turns his attention to Thallok and says, "Perhaps you should put that away, we are safe under this sphere."

Thallok:
Thallok nods and puts his falcion away. However his watchful concerned look is still noticeable on his face.

Remove ads