• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GRIM TALES] For GT regulars: Have you read Slavelords?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Okay, here's how things stand now. I've ranked folks below on my Boolean system-- but there are a few more things I want to account for.

a) Add 1 point if you are on a high speed connection
b) Add 1 point if you are within 6 hours of EST.
c) Add 1 point if you are able to post at least once a day (during the week).
d) Add 1 point if you would consider your level of enthusiasm "very strong."

(Obviously I can't account for the consequences if I run a crappy game, but I would like to avoid folks making a committment to play and then dropping out. So if you think you might flake out, don't give yourself this point. Be honest; nobody likes a flake. ;))

Old One (2)(3)=(5)
Solomoncane (2)(3)=(5)

Ragboy (1)(4)=(5)
Fenris (1)(4)=(5)
Hjorimir (1)(4)=(5)

nakia (0)

If you're listed above, I have a preliminary reservation for you; please reply back and let me know how you score on abcd above.

I'll be looking for more responses through the end of the day.

Here's hoping this thread escapes the notice of the moderators and doesn't get moved to the instant obscurity of the PbP forums...

Last edited:

Old One

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
[glares]

Turn in your GM's Helper badge and go sit down.

Damn...but I do have FG Full Version...does that count :lol:?

I give myself a 5.5..

High speed (check)
EST (check)
Post 1x per day (1/2 check...lots of business travel, but I usually am connected)
Enthusiam (check...to quote Robert DeNiro as Al Capone..."Enthusiasms, enthusiasms")

~ OO

solomoncane

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Okay, here's how things stand now. I've ranked folks below on my Boolean system-- but there are a few more things I want to account for.

c) Add 1 point if you are able to post at least once a day.

Solomoncane (2)
QUOTE]

a) Yes during the day (shhh, don't tell the IT dept. :] ); no at night (home=dial-up): +0.5.
b) I'm actually in EDT. EST begins in October ;) : +1.
c) Yes, during the week; weekends are too busy): +0.5.
d) Yes, if time commitment limited to only a few posts a day: +1.

By my score: 2 + 0.5 + 1 + 0.5 + 1 = 5.
I defer, of course, to Wulf's grading.

Last edited:

Longshadow

First Post
Hmm...

*I have a high speed connection, I am in EST, and I can most certainly post at least once a day. I have not read Slavelords of Cydonia (and I, too, have a bone to pick with Osseum -- though not nearly as bloody a one as ye, from what I hear. My sympathies, Ben).

However,

* I still carry the scars of the last time I played in something Wulf ran, a little fantasy game I remember as , "All PCs must Die, DIE, DIE!" :confused:
*After the thumpings his Earthdawn and SR PCs took at the hands of my dice, I have to ask myself, "Self, just how good is that petty little bastard's memory?"
*I'm not a fan of standard d20, or class/level-based progression.

Any chance you'll keep a rolling thread covering the play-by-play? That way I can take the, ahem, high road, and simply snicker from the sidelines. :]

Oh, yeah...Buddy told about the nuptials. Belated congrats. :D

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Longshadow said:
* I still carry the scars of the last time I played in something Wulf ran, a little fantasy game I remember as , "All PCs must Die, DIE, DIE!" :confused:

So you've read Grim Tales. Good. It's a start.

*After the thumpings his Earthdawn and SR PCs took at the hands of my dice, I have to ask myself, "Self, just how good is that petty little bastard's memory?"

Petty bastard? So you've read Grim Tales.

*I'm not a fan of standard d20, or class/level-based progression.

Yeah, yeah. That pretty much disqualifies you.

Any chance you'll keep a rolling thread covering the play-by-play? That way I can take the, ahem, high road, and simply snicker from the sidelines.

Yeah, there'll be a thread here on EN World.

Although, really, if I had to play with you again, Aaron, PbP would be my first choice. :]

Hjorimir

Adventurer
c) Add 1 point if you are able to post at least once a day.

a) High speed? Check/check (work/home) Can usually get some posts in from work (as I am doing now). Worst case is that I post when I get home.
b) EST? I'm PST, which places me 3 hours behind. So check.
c) Once a day? Almost always be able to do that. I run a Saturday game once a month that goes all day though, so my post on that day would have to be very early or very, very late.
d) Enthusiasm? Check

Hjorimir (5)

ragboy

Explorer
Wulf Ratbane said:

a) Add 1 point if you are on a high speed connection - Check
b) Add 1 point if you are within 6 hours of EST. - Check
c) Add 1 point if you are able to post at least once a day (during the week). - Check
d) Add 1 point if you would consider your level of enthusiasm "very strong." - Double Check

Ragboy (1)+4

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Gotcha ragboy.

We may just have 6 players already, from the looks of things.

FYI, I've just about ruled out Iron Heroes, for a couple of reasons. One, it's a new ruleset to me. Two, it's a new ruleset to all of you. Three, its forte is combat, and I am not sure that a PbP is best served by lots of detailed combat.

Remove ads