Hackmaster Basic

Treebore

First Post
This is what I do: I track the count with a counter. Some use a handheld manual counter, I use an simple app on my laptop. I track each npcs count number on a spreadsheet, each player keeps a set of percentile dice in front of their sheet showing the number of the next count that they can act. Works well. I believe Dave an Jolly do something similar.

Yeah, I have been on the Kenzer boards looking at what others do. Those monster cards of Jolly's are cool! I hope they do them up as either cards they sell or at least the PDF idea. I post as Tree_B over on those boards.

Since this game is being run on Maptools I'll probably just create a "counting" macro to help me keep track.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
So Treebore,
Does this mean your taking a break from C&C? I tried Hackmaster Basic, but we had some trouble getting our heads around the combat mechanic.

Treebore

First Post
So Treebore,
Does this mean your taking a break from C&C? I tried Hackmaster Basic, but we had some trouble getting our heads around the combat mechanic.

Nope. Still running C&C on Tuesdays and Sat., and playing it on Friday and Sunday.

Traveller (Mongoose) is on Thursdays.

Doing Hackmaster Basic on Mondays for a little bit.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Nope. Still running C&C on Tuesdays and Sat., and playing it on Friday and Sunday.

Traveller (Mongoose) is on Thursdays.

Doing Hackmaster Basic on Mondays for a little bit.

Wow your gaming every day but Wednesdays! I struggle just to squeeze in my every other Sunday Pathfinder game.
I'll definately be getting Frandor's Keep, I can see it working for whatever system we are playing.

frankthedm

First Post
Wow your gaming every day but Wednesdays! I struggle just to squeeze in my every other Sunday Pathfinder game.
Well, given that Treebore lives in a small unincorporated settlement in southeast Arizona, I can imagine gaming being quite the attractive option

Google maps said:
No content was found in this area.
;)

Driving directions to Blockbuster Video
(520) 452-8444
55.5 mi – about 1 hour 45 mins

Cute post office!
31616140084c0bd4f8edm.jpg

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
Well, given that Treebore lives in a small unincorporated settlement in southeast Arizona, I can imagine gaming being quite the attractive option

;)

Driving directions to Blockbuster Video
(520) 452-8444
55.5 mi – about 1 hour 45 mins

Cute post office!
31616140084c0bd4f8edm.jpg

Actually I know how to get to the Blockbuster in an hour, actually less.

But yeah, when you work for yourself, and do most of your gaming on line, you can get a lot of gaming in since you set your own schedule, pretty much. If it weren't for SKYPE/Maptools I would only have one game per week.

Which would also be the case if I worked for other people. Setting your own hours is nice.

Treebore

First Post
Okay, define "good table manners" since that seems to be the element missing from the games I've run.

Everyone needs to keep their mouth shut. Only the DM speaks via SKYPE, and the only other people that talk are the one(s) who the DM is addressing. All other "talking" goes on via the chat function only.

The strictness can be loosened once the habits are established so that the verbal joking and such can go on, without slowing down game play. It may help me that all my players are experienced DM's, so understand keeping game play going better than players who never DM would understand.

Remove ads