• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-Dwarves and Half-Gnomes...

Kaji

First Post
Or maybe even half-dwarf gnomes. I'm working on an idea where dwarves, gnomes and humans living in an isolated environment have been interbreeding for many centuries, and I was wondering if there are already some templates/races already drawn up to help me be lazy. Pdf products are preferred. Anyone know a good source for this?

BTW, welcome me back, I've been on a DND hiatus during my wedding plans (done deal now!) so I'm eager to start work on my home-brew, which I've been pining to do for a couple of years now. Feels better already...

The Midnight campaign setting has some interesting halfsies. As I recall, there's a half-dwarf/half-gnome race, a half-halfling/half-elf race, and a brutal half-dwarf/half-orc race.

Kaji

First Post
Crothian said:
it was all on half breads, it was written a few years back.

Bastards & Bloodlines: A Guidebook to Halfbreeds

Cool, although when it comes to half-breads, I prefer banana bread :D

I'll look it up.

Voadam

Legend
The silverthorne pdf book of templates has a half-human template that could be applied to half-human half dwarves or gnomes.

Kaji

First Post
Hmmm...Bastard and Bloodlines looks interesting, but is not quite what I want for this plan. I'll keep poking around.

Chris Durham

First Post
Bastards and Bloodlines is pretty cool. A player in my game has it and I let him run a Morlock, which is essentiallly a half-gnome-half-troglodyte (or is it half-halfling(quarterling?)). Anyway, It's a decent book. My question is why not design your own race for this purpose? I'd think that after several centuries of inter-breeding there might be just one composite race, depending on the combination of parentage and breeding patterns. One Idea would be to allow characters to choose from a pool of racial traits. Or just create one race with a standard set of traits and create 6-12 bloodline or "heritage" feats.

Remove ads