• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Half Orcs & Blood Rites

laughinggas

First Post
My question is about the interaction between the Half-Orc racial Savage Critical and the scaling blood rite damage die from the homebrew class Blood Hunter by Matthew mercer.

Since the blood rite feature "enchants" your weapon, does the Savage Critical racial ability allow you to:

a) Choose either a Weapon damage die or blood rite damage to gain an additional die of damage (2d6 Greatsword with 1d8 blood rite would gain an additional d6 or d8)
b) Both sources of damage dice get an additional die (1d6 from Greatsword and 1d8 from blood rite)
c) It doesn't apply at all and you would simply get the weapon damage die (only 1d6 from Greatsword)

I ask because a handbook for the blood hunter class mentioned the Savage Critical racial interacting with the blood rite damage and I was trying to figure out how that conclusion was met.

Thanks for any input or advice.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I think going by RAW Savage Critical only works with the actual weapon dice, it doesn't apply to Sneak Attacks, Smites, Flametongue fire damage dice etc. I also think many DMs houserule (or perhaps even just rule) this one differently. So... ask your DM. :lol:

Remove ads