Half-Orcs, Half-Elves, and Favored Enemies

Scion

First Post
'Fix' the problem by making it effectively even worse? Favored enemy is already incredibly specific for certain types, no need to make it almost never come up by having the subraces need a specific one as well.

Or I suppose you could have a favored enemy (half-), any half races and you know where they were sewn together so can easily hinder them ;)

Enforcer

Explorer
Scion said:
I should've just read the blood ability rather than being distracted by the random subtype thing.

SRD:
—Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-elf is considered an elf. Half-elves, for example, are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect elves as their elf ancestors are, and they can use magic items that are only usable by elves.

Looks like no matter what little mister half elf is going to never show up as human. Pretty odd that. Seems more interesting if they would get both bonuses and penalties, but only half as much. ;)

Hehe, I DID read the blood ability...and somehow managed to ignore the "For ALL effects related to race" part (emphasis embarrassingly mine). Alright then, Favored Enemy Elf for those filthy half-breeds it is! (Filthy, because they have pansy elf blood in 'em, of course.)

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
I'm generally irritated by the fact that the various half-races are treated as far closer to their non-human parent than their human parent-- they're not really a half-orc, they're just Orc Lite. (Favored Class: Barbarian, anyone?)

In my House Rules, I've tried to reflect a more even blending of the two races. It looks like the Favored Enemy rules do not actually reflect my opinion-- so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Sejs

First Post
Korimyr the Rat said:
I'm generally irritated by the fact that the various half-races are treated as far closer to their non-human parent than their human parent-- they're not really a half-orc, they're just Orc Lite. (Favored Class: Barbarian, anyone?)

Couldn't agree with you more. I've always been of the oppinion that the Half- races were poorly done. The only thing half-elves get from their human side is FC: Any and the elf abilities watered down. The half-orcs have it even better - the only thing they get from their human parents is the orc strength modifier chopped in half. Gee, thanks.

Remove ads