• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Halloween campaign: What are you doing GM's?

Puxido

First Post
I just realized, Halloween is in a few weeks! What are you guys going to make your pc's go through this holiday?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I'm running Up from Darkness, a very dark one-shot adventure involving player amnesia and psychological horror for my Kaidan setting of Japanese horror (PFRPG) published homebrew - which is currently on Halloween Sale at DrivethruRPG for 20% off. Read the all reviews to learn how dark this one-shot is.

Of course all Kaidan products are on sale too!

I've run most of the other Kaidan one-shots and The Curse of the Golden Spear intro trilogy of modules (short campaign), as well as my own written and designed Kaidan mini-adventure (less than a one-shot) - Haiku of Horror: Autumn Moon Bath House (inspired by The Grudge movie) - I've run them all multiple times. I haven't yet run Up from Darkness though. I developed The Curse trilogy, and did all the maps for all the products.

Kaidan is archaic Japanese for "ghost story".

Last edited:

A

amerigoV

I am doing a couple of sessions of East Texas University (Savage Worlds). Its a nice mix of campy humor and horror/supernatural. Our freshman heroes and heroine managed to save the Freshman class from being incinerated in a some dark rite at the beginning of the school year in the first session. It was a blast for all of old folks that college is a distant but fond memory.

I have a couple of options I am pondering for the end of the month session.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I always wanted to have a skeleton and zombie infested mansion in the middle of a city, owned by the mayor or some other hi ranked person.

Crothian

First Post
In our campaign we started Expedition to Ravenloft in September and that will conclude with an epic confrontation on Halloween night. That was my plan but now it sounds like some of the players are going to be taking their kids out trick or treating so we might not game that week.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Sometimes I use online audio tracks for music/ambience as mood music for my games. Recently I've been using a site called Tabletop Audio with 57 sound tracks fitting many different RPG genres, especially horror. Each track is 10 minutes long, some are music and ambience, some just ambience sound effects, with a built-in audio player - its free to use. The creator even takes suggestions, I asked for some music/ambience fitting my Kaidan or other oriental settings, and he created Samurai HQ two weeks later. I think its a really cool find and some really creepy tracks good for a Halloween game.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Wow, you guys have some great ideas! Does anyone else use roll20.net?
I have tried so as to connect with friends some 450 mile away, but there seems to be an audio problem with my computer. It might be linked to having magic jack that is installed on my computer.

GoblinChow

First Post
Our town hosts a huge party at the football field every year. Most of us will be at the party, and working the haunted tunnel and all of the games. After it is over and we have cleaned up after about 1,800 kids, I will have a few friends over for Call of Cthulu. We will play from about 10:30 or so until we are done or dead! (Being Cthulhu, most will be dead.) I am thinking of making up the characters ahead, and having the players start out in an asylum. Some will be patients and some will be staff. All Hell will break loose at one point or another,and the players will have to work together to survive and stop the madness! I think some of the people working in the asylum will be cultists, and they will be plotting something down in the lower levels. With most of the investigators being captive inmates, it will develop the feel of a dungeon crawl, only much creepier. It should be a fun session. Imagine Cthulhu without the reassuring comfort of firearms and dynamite! The party will have to go to the bowels of a large hospital with only found objects as weapons. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

Also, any trick or treaters that show up will be recruited as cultists ! :devil:

Remove ads