• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Halloween Costumes in general

Aurora

First Post
I started a new thread that way I don't hijack Seonaid's thread. :D

What are some of the funniest and/or most inventive costumes you have ever seen?

Trash bag outfit with bits of old junk attached to it and taped a penny to his forehead. =Poor white trash

A friend of ours dressed up as Speed Racer and dressed his car up as the Mach .5. That was a few years ago. I asked him what I should look for this year and he said he'll be in the big cardboard box that says "Portable Mammogram" on it. I told him that I'll need a few drinks for that one.

OK, so this one is kind of wrong. So, please forgive me, but here goes.

A guy that i know dressed up in a priest costume and taped a cabbage patch kid around his upper arm. =Priest on the patch

kenobi65

First Post
1) When I worked for a cereal manufacturer, several members of our PR agency showed up at our Halloween party dressed in black, with ski masks, plastic knives and guns, and the logos of various brands of cereal stuck on their shirts.

Cereal killers, get it? ;)

2) This one will only really make sense if you live in Chicago, or are a big baseball fan.

A friend of mine and her husband, several years ago, went to a Halloween party like this:
- She wore a chef's / baker's hat and an apron, carried a rolling pin, and was covered in flour.
- He carried a bunch of cut-up pieces of 2x4.

Dusty Baker and Kerry Wood.

3) When I was in college, I went to a costume party (couldn't acknowledge that it was a Halloween party) given by the church group I was in. The theme was, "come as your favorite Old Testament figure."

I wore all black, with dark glasses. People wondered who I was. "I'm one of the first characters in the Bible." Though, obviously, not God or Adam...I was "Darkness."

"The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep..." Genesis 1:2

At that same party, a friend of mine came carrying a big block of water-softener salt. "Hi, I'm Lot, and this is my wife." He then pulled a salt shaker out of his pocket: "And this is our son."

Yttrai

First Post
Halloween is my favourite holiday. I'll try to show some restraint here, but....did i mention its my favourite???? :D

The one i am most proud of: i was invited to a Halloween party by someone i had only been on two dates with, whom i'd met on the internet. I went as a Computer Date.

Two years ago, i went as Tippi Hedrin's character from Hitchcock's The Birds.

Last year i threw together a quick Viking. Everything i already owned, except the fur i made the bracers from.

This year i'm not done yet, but i will be by 7pm tonight!

Ferret

Explorer
kenobi65 said:
*Snip*
At that same party, a friend of mine came carrying a big block of water-softener salt. "Hi, I'm Lot, and this is my wife." He then pulled a salt shaker out of his pocket: "And this is our son."
I don't get that last bit....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads