• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hanable's Hunters, Part I & II

Bront

The man with the probe
MavrickWeirdo said:
Kerlockh also searches for any markings or symbols on the crates or wagons which might indicate who the proper owners are. <<
I don't suppose there happens to be a monogramed hankercheif with a dragonmark crest that just happens to be laying on the ground?
>>

"It looks like whoever broke into these crates is left handed."
OOC: Nope, no marks, and perhaps he only wants you to think he was left handed ;)

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes Shifter Ranger 2/Barbarian 3

D20Dazza said:
"Tis it really our problem lad? Hanable pays us ta do jobs for him not to run around the country side being vigilante's. In saying that though, some of us are still a little green and we could probably pass it off as a training exercise. What say ye kids?"

"This may be true but I would imagine he would not mind some more notoriety, especially if this ambush site (if that is what it is) starts to hurt the economy of the local ruling body. I would assume they would be happy that we took care of this for them. I am also itching to bury my Sharresh into some more Ogres and the more training we have as a group the better we will be in the long run."

Temujin

First Post
"I agree with Whitlock, its not out problem." Says Brogen, spitting on the ground over his crossed arms.

"I don't want to go on some fools errand and get myself killed if it doesn't benefit me. Besides," He says glancing at the wreckage, "I have a bad feeling about this whole business. This road seems rather travelled, and it would appear that these attacks happen with some frequency."

"How come nothings been done?"

Prof Yeti

First Post
Marek d'Cannith - Dragonmarked Paragon/ Wizard

Turning to look at Brogen, "Yes but eventually we will have to pass this way again. If we don't investigate and possibly fix the problem it will just happen again. I would prefer to face that challenge when are rested and ready for the threat."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Whitlok Dwarf Ranger/Extreme Explorer

"Well it's either flight or magic eh, so it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't find any further clues around here. I'm happy to spend a day here having a look around but we shouldn't waste to much time. Hanable may have need of us." Whitlok drawls to the group at large.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well now, I don't like to see the roads so terribly put upon. It reflects badly on the village. Besides, if we save someone, it's good for business," Anune says, adding her two coppers.

Bront

The man with the probe
Seeing as the end of the day is not too far ahead, Whitlok calls for a halt to travel for the day to continue to investigate the attack sight. You find a nice campsight a bit farther down the road to not be by the ambush sight, which does not seem to be an easily defensable position.

Other than a small merchant caravan, the road is quiet for the rest of the evening, and they are able to investigate unconcerned.

Unfortunately, the investigation does not turn up much usefull. There are some Ogre footprints in the area, of varying age, but none clear enough to follow for long. It appears that perhaps it rained in the past day or so in this area, which has damaged the tracks and evidence. Other that the certainty that it a band of Ogres did this, and that they likely came from somewhere to the north or northwest, you are unable to learn much more about anything here.

However, the night does pass uneventfully, and in the morning you all wake up refreshed, though not much more knowledgable than you were before about your attackers.

OOC: If you had anything specific you wanted to do durring the investigation beyond what I've described here, let me know.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes

With a slight growling under his breath, "I wanted to fight some more of those Ogres but I guess that is not to be, for now. Maybe if we mention this ambush site to Hanable when we get back he might send us after them anyway, as it seems they are coming from the north somewhere. I would imagine that they are not too far from here but without a clearer trail it would take us too much time to find. Let’s be off back to town as this trail has gone cold and I am itching for some more excitement."

Prof Yeti

First Post
Marek d'Cannith - Dragonmarked Paragon/ Wizard

With a slight slouching of his shoulders Marek turns to Hobbes, "I am afraid you are right, my friend. It seems the area is just too cold." Quickly though he seems to brighten, "But I seek adventure and I am not particular. Hanable may have a job for us when we get back that will take our minds from this."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Whitlok Dwarf Ranger/Extreme Explorer

"Yes, let us return to Hanable" Whitlok begins to pull up camp and urges the others to board the cart.

Remove ads