• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hand of Evil's Poser Art: Updated 2006.Dec.15

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Meloncov said:
Sorry, I got distracted and forgot about my request for a while. So, here goes:

Female halfling Talenta Plains druid, with a clawfoot mount. She's armed with a light lance, and has hide armor (probably dino hide, since this is the Talenta Plainss. Preferably reasonably modestly dressed. If possible, try and play up the Talenta Halflings=Native Americans angle a bit, as the player it would be for has native american ancestry.

So, would you be willing to do it? If theres any hardware model you need for this or any other project, just ask. Thanks.
I will give it a try.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Meloncov said:
Sorry, I got distracted and forgot about my request for a while. So, here goes:

Female halfling Talenta Plains druid, with a clawfoot mount. She's armed with a light lance, and has hide armor (probably dino hide, since this is the Talenta Plainss. Preferably reasonably modestly dressed. If possible, try and play up the Talenta Halflings=Native Americans angle a bit, as the player it would be for has native american ancestry.

So, would you be willing to do it? If theres any hardware model you need for this or any other project, just ask. Thanks.

two mock ups and like a vision test. one or two? :D Test one I am not sure about the model, but the props fit better. Test two, just does not have the look.

Meloncov

First Post
First off, I don't know the capabilities and limitations of Poser, so I apologize in advance if I suggest anything difficult/impossible to do.

I like the pose of the first one, though I think it would help her look more halfling-ish if she were looking up somewhat. I like the hair from 1 in style, but could you darken it to a fairly deep brown. (sorry for not mentioning that in my first post.) The lance looks good, and I like the pointy ears but I think there slightly overdone. The face is also a good match to how I imagine the character.

However, I like the body proportions from the second one. They feel more like those of a halfling rather than a tall and regal elf. I also like the clothing texture; it feels like something that might have been skinned from a dinosaur. I also think the not as tight pants are more plausible looking. Its not a big deal, but if you can get rid of the belt buckle easily it would give more of a druidic feel.

I'm afraid that the revealingness of the clothing on the upper body would likely offend the player its intended for. The armor from 2 over a rough-spun shirt would work, as would heavier hide armor. Adding some sort of tribal pattern into it could be cool, though I could proably do that myself in photoshop once its done.

Sorry about the number of requested changes. If anything requires that you buy a new model, I'd happily cover the price for you (within reason, of course.

Thanks again for doing this.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Meloncov said:
First off, I don't know the capabilities and limitations of Poser, so I apologize in advance if I suggest anything difficult/impossible to do.

I like the pose of the first one, though I think it would help her look more halfling-ish if she were looking up somewhat. I like the hair from 1 in style, but could you darken it to a fairly deep brown. (sorry for not mentioning that in my first post.) The lance looks good, and I like the pointy ears but I think there slightly overdone. The face is also a good match to how I imagine the character.

However, I like the body proportions from the second one. They feel more like those of a halfling rather than a tall and regal elf. I also like the clothing texture; it feels like something that might have been skinned from a dinosaur. I also think the not as tight pants are more plausible looking. Its not a big deal, but if you can get rid of the belt buckle easily it would give more of a druidic feel.

I'm afraid that the revealingness of the clothing on the upper body would likely offend the player its intended for. The armor from 2 over a rough-spun shirt would work, as would heavier hide armor. Adding some sort of tribal pattern into it could be cool, though I could proably do that myself in photoshop once its done.

Sorry about the number of requested changes. If anything requires that you buy a new model, I'd happily cover the price for you (within reason, of course.

Thanks again for doing this.
Thanks for the feed back, test1 is a mod of V3, realistic female and test2 is a mod of A3, a anime type character. I have found people have different views of halflings, they are either hobbit like of just small elves, so this gives me a direction to go. Will work on another test, that will show some scale.

Meloncov

First Post
Ooh, I like the clothing on the second one. Do you have a cape that would fit with it? I'm picturing something reminiscent of a Navajo rug; add to the tribal feel of it. Maybe some sort of feather-earing to, if you have something in your library that could handle it.

The purple shafted lance doesn't quite work for me. I liked the one from the earlier pic, especially in how it reflected the colors of the dino.

Could you make her skin a bit darker? A deep tan would probably work, though you could go as far as a dark brown if you want. Also, it would be nice if you could get the face a little less delicate featured: closer to the second image with the dino.

Either of the backgrounds would work, as would nearly any other natural or medieval setting. Ebberon is lovely that way.

Finally, I think the halfling is a little big relative to the warforged. The Halfling is a little under 3 feet, while, IIRC, warforged average 6-7 feet tall.

Thanks again,
Meloncov

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
display_1343963.jpg

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Meloncov said:
Ooh, I like the clothing on the second one. Do you have a cape that would fit with it? I'm picturing something reminiscent of a Navajo rug; add to the tribal feel of it. Maybe some sort of feather-earing to, if you have something in your library that could handle it.

The purple shafted lance doesn't quite work for me. I liked the one from the earlier pic, especially in how it reflected the colors of the dino.

Could you make her skin a bit darker? A deep tan would probably work, though you could go as far as a dark brown if you want. Also, it would be nice if you could get the face a little less delicate featured: closer to the second image with the dino.

Either of the backgrounds would work, as would nearly any other natural or medieval setting. Ebberon is lovely that way.

Finally, I think the halfling is a little big relative to the warforged. The Halfling is a little under 3 feet, while, IIRC, warforged average 6-7 feet tall.

Thanks again,
Meloncov

should not be a problem, have a cape that should work and some feathers I can add on.

Are the ears and face okay?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads