Hands of Fate - Chapter 1 - The Orbs of Insight

Krug

Newshound
Nyela says "I'll take a quick peek." If nobody objects, she will carefully sneak through the hole to see what is in there.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
In the Cave:

Nyella squeezes through the hole with relative ease, into the darkness. From the shadowy illumination, she can make out this small room, and it's rubble. Watching her footing, she hears a crunch as she moves forward. Looking down, with squinting eyes, she spies the remians of something dead: human from the looks of it. There seems to be nothing else in this room, from your first glance. Perhaps with some more light, you could see better?

Krug

Newshound
Nyela returns to the other room to inform her comrades. She asks if they want to proceed to clear the rubble to go through, or she'll go with a light to check it out again.

Lefferts

First Post
Nedander states "I think it would be better if we clear some rubble out, and then all of us go through."

Last edited:

Drakknyte32

First Post
R.I.P.

Kevin Hill

Feb-Sep 2004

A skilled warrior
But in the end
His chain was faster...

(Sorry, I'm afraid college has killed my spare time. And with it, a lot of my online life)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Clearing away more of the rubble, you continue to take note of the room. With the increase in light, you notice a bit more. It appears that this section of the cave has been sealed off for some time. The air is thicker, and the smell is stale. In the far right corner, you can make out another small skeleton. It appears to be an animals' corpse, and has been there for a long time, as only it's bones remain.

The rubble clears away and you also notice that underneath the base, you can clearly see that someonw was trapped underneath the rubble. It's humanoid skeleton can be seen partially covered, as you see the arms and shoulders. The far left corner has a doorway that goes to the left, seemingly towards the entrance of the cave. Nyela, you also note that there is a hole near the base of the doorrway, too big for any rodents, but too small for humans. You all can move into the room easily, as Kevin, Jean and Darius decide to stay in the hallway, watching the other room.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Nedander pokes the skeleton with his sword and finds something interesting. As the skeleton hand moves, a scroll case falls loose from underneath the rubble. Picking it up and opening it, you find a letter inside.

To whomever finds this letter,

I fear that the worse has happened. My name is Elander. I came to this cave to find a treasure that some say stays here, waiting for the right person to find it. Damn traps got the best of me. Watch out for the hallway. Arrow traps are there. As I turned into this room, the ceiling caved in. My dog, Bane, stayed with me, fending off rats and such, as I was trapped beneath the rubble. I could not free myself, but found parchment and ink to write, in the dying torchlight. It is almost gone now. I ask that whomever finds this letter, please take the news of my death to my father. Ebilyn is his name. You can seek him in the south. A small town called Edinburg. It is a very old town, with its own traditions. And take Bane's collar as proof, if indeed you must. I fear that he will not escape, and find the same fate as I.

Elander of Edinburg

You then notice that the other skeleton corpse in the far corner must be Bane's. His collar can be seen, barely, covered in dust. The door to you left is closed, and there is also the other larger room that you all bypassed.

Remove ads