• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hands of Fate - Chapter 1 - The Orbs of Insight

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
At he Inn of Bretonshire, Garen returns with a box. He hands it over to Jenson, and says, "You should be able to get some good prices for a few of those. I trust you, old friend."

Jenson, not even looking into the box, overhears Nedander ask for a drink, and knows that a song would take a while to sing. He does not have the luxury of time to listen to this, so he speaks up now. "My friendly Bard; It seems as though you have promised that lass a song, yet I must now be on my way. Since I hear she;s going the same direction as we are, I propose that you take your drink to go, and she can come along with us. How does that sound?"

Garen, reaching behind the bar, procures a small metal tin, with a metal stopper. "Here, take this. It's whiskey and it made for travelers. That's 5 Silver Pieces though."

He holds it out for Nedander, and while doing so, his wife Esthel makes preparations for Nyela's food to be taken. She wraps some food in a cloth, and hands it to Nyela. "Seems as though you get a ride to Springside. Take care little one."

Jenson heads out the Inn to his cart, waiting on your decisions.

Lefferts

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
Garen, reaching behind the bar, procures a small metal tin, with a metal stopper. "Here, take this. It's whiskey and it made for travelers. That's 5 Silver Pieces though."

"I'll be right there, Jenson," yells Nedander as Jensen walks outside.

Nedander fishes around in his pockets for some of his few remaining coins, hands them to Garen, and states, "Here you are sir, and my thanks for the whiskey."

He then turns to the young lady and asks, "Shall we go?"

D'Amico Vega

First Post
Gomez said:
"Hummm no half-orc at least!" thinks Gray Sparrow.

The young woman before him gives Darius a deep bow. "I am just a student of the arts of body and mind on my way to Springside. I was just curious who was walking the same way as I. And.....I would like the company..."

"I am a innate spellcaster, and I too am on my way to Springside. Why are you going there?" Darius says as he drops his hood once again, and continues down the path with his Greatsword still in hand.

Gomez

First Post
Gray Sparrow hesitates for a second before replying. "My master has sent me on a errand and it requires me to go to Springdale. My I ask the same question of you, Sir?"

Last edited:

D'Amico Vega

First Post
Gomez said:
Gray Sparrow hesitates for a second before replying. "My master has sent me on a errand and it requires me to go to Springdale. My I ask the same question of you, Sir?"

Darius lowers his head a bit more, and then replies "I've heard they have many teaching programs for sorcerers such as myself. I plan to learn from a few of them...I really hope my sources are correct." Not a moment later after he replies, he quickly sheathes his sword and puts it into his belt.

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Following Jenson, Nedander and Nyela board the cart, and are on their way to Springside. The horses take off swiftly, as Jenson commands them to make haste. The view is non-changing, as the forest to the right of you begins to ede away further and further from the main road. You can hear birds and other forest animals in the distance, but barely over the sound of the horse's movements. Jenson is content to hear your songs, and Nyela also.

After about 2 hours, you can begin to see that in the distance, Sprinside can be seen against the shadow of the mountains. You will be there shortly. Possibly another hour or so. (Spot Checks Rolled...Only Nyela rolls high enough) Nyela also can make out the shape of a pair of travelers in the distance, not very sure of which way they are walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the most part, Graw Sparrow and Darius continue on their path to Springside. They talk, but sparingly, as they do not know each other or each other's true intentions. After about an hour of travelling, Darius (Listen Check Rolled 14) hears the sounds of an approaching horse.

Kevin, now deeply into his art of weaving his weapon around, is suddenly tapped on the shoulder. Even though he is spinning his chain, he sees that the hooded figure has somehow bypassed the weapon and managed to tap him. He is looking at you, and you can barely see the facial features. You can see a brown beard, nicely kept, and green eyes form under the hood. "I see that you have mastered some skill with that chain. And I dare to say, your stance is one I have seen before. What else has Jonathan taught you?"

Drakknyte32

First Post
Kevin is surprised to feel someone tap him but resists the instinct to lash the chain out behind him. That was how Master Jonathan always approached him when he was training and, try as he might, Kevin could never figure out how to get rid of that opening.

Kevin steps away from the halfling and does one final spin, wrapping the chains into their original position around his chest.

"In addition to learning the chain Master Jonathan has taught me how to use many common weapons, both melee and ranged. He has also taught me exersises to stay in shape and has given me some basic training in group tactics. Most of my training revolved around increasing my skill at fighting."

Then Kevin makes a bit of a smile

"During my apprentiship I also become quite good at cooking and cleaning, but that was more from constant practice than from any teaching. If you haven't tasted any of Master Jonathan's attempts at cooking be very, very greatful."

D'Amico Vega

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
Following Jenson, Nedander and Nyela board the cart, and are on their way to Springside. The horses take off swiftly, as Jenson commands them to make haste. The view is non-changing, as the forest to the right of you begins to ede away further and further from the main road. You can hear birds and other forest animals in the distance, but barely over the sound of the horse's movements. Jenson is content to hear your songs, and Nyela also.

After about 2 hours, you can begin to see that in the distance, Sprinside can be seen against the shadow of the mountains. You will be there shortly. Possibly another hour or so. (Spot Checks Rolled...Only Nyela rolls high enough) Nyela also can make out the shape of a pair of travelers in the distance, not very sure of which way they are walking.

For the most part, Graw Sparrow and Darius continue on their path to Springside. They talk, but sparingly, as they do not know each other or each other's true intentions. After about an hour of travelling, Darius (Listen Check Rolled 14) hears the sounds of an approaching horse.

Kevin, now deeply into his art of weaving his weapon around, is suddenly tapped on the shoulder. Even though he is spinning his chain, he sees that the hooded figure has somehow bypassed the weapon and managed to tap him. He is looking at you, and you can barely see the facial features. You can see a brown beard, nicely kept, and green eyes form under the hood. "I see that you have mastered some skill with that chain. And I dare to say, your stance is one I have seen before. What else has Jonathan taught you?"

Darius stops in his tracks and extends an arm to block Gray Sparrow from continuing. Then, he draws his Greatsword and says "I hear a horse. Be alert." Then he hides his face in the shadows of his cloak as he slowly approaches where the horse is coming from.

Krug

Newshound
Nyela tells her companions of the travelers in the distance. "Should we approach them and ask if they are going the same way?"

Remove ads