• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hands of Fate - Chapter 1 - The Orbs of Insight

Gomez

First Post
Taking a bite out of her last piece of bread and cheese. Gray Sparrow savoirs the taste of the dark bread as she thinks on the figure that she sees ahead of her. A fellow traveller? A bandit? Well! She thinks. One way to find out for sure and I could use the exercise. With that she quickens her pace to a fast trot and moves to catch up with the stranger.

Last edited:

D'Amico Vega

First Post
Darius speeds his pace a bit, as if it were some kind of race to get to Springside, and puts up the head of his long cloak, and continues down the road.

Last edited:

D'Amico Vega

First Post
Darius speeds up his pace a bit, as if it were some kind of race to get to Springside, and puts up the head of his long cloak, and continues down the road, eager to meet his new teacher.

Drakknyte32

First Post
Kevin Hill, Fighter 1

While waiting for the others to arrive Kevin decides to practice. He shrugs off his cloak to reveal a spiked chain wrapped over his chest like a pair of bandaliers. He walks a ways away and then starts.

He begins by spinning himself around, whipping the chain off his chest and around him in an arc as he does so. Then he begins to dance around, whipping the chain back and forth and occasionally lashing out at a small flower or weed nearby. After that he grounds his feet in one spot and begins to swing the chain around his body, swinging his torso and upper body to avoid and control the chain but never moving his feet.

D'Amico Vega

First Post
Darius draws his amazing Greatsword, being alert for anything that may stand between him and his destination. He hides his face in the shadows of his cloak as he walks down the road, and slows down just a bit to get a real picture and understanding of what the figure behind him was.

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
As Gray Sparrow finishes her quick bite, she eyes the traveller and starts a quick trot towards the figure in the distance. She appears to be moving fast enough to catch the person in about 5 more minutes at the present pace.

Darius, sensing that he best quicken his step, does so. As he continues his trek towards Springside, he glances back after a few moments and is suddenly aware that the figure is close. Very close. By the looks of it, you have a few minutes before it will be within range of your clear sight and voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin, continuing his practice, watches as the chain slices through the air, weaving around his body with speed and power. The flowers almost burst, as they are hit by the end of the chain. Intent on your practice, you are unaware of what your other two companions are doing.

Making his way through the countryside in a steady pace, Nedander nears the city of Springside. Along the way, he has found a few Inns that trade a night's performance of singing for the night's lodging. Luckily, a patron was so enthralled by his performance, and a few mugs of ale helped, that he decided to give Nedander a lift to Springside, as that was his destination. It seems that his name is Jenson, and he sometimes goes to Springside to sell some wares at the market square. It is a trip he makes about once a month. He continues to talk, more than any person that Nedander has ever met, and never seems to pause for remarks. It is nearing mid-day when your cart pulls into Bretonshire for a quick rest and restocking. "I'll be inside talking with Garen. I need a few things and he's the man to see here in this town. You are welcome to meet him, if you wish. If not, I should be back shortly. And don't worry, we will make Springside before evening falls." He turns and heads to what you perceive as ths Inn. The streets around you are baren, and a little muddy. There does not seem like there is much in this town, and you must now decide if you will wait for Jenson or walk around.

Nyela travelled far, for probably her first time in her life. The previous night was spent along the roadside, as she caught herself spending too much time talking in the last town she passed through and now must hurry to get to Springside. With a quickened step, for a halfling, she makes Bretonshire before noon. She gladly stops, and samples the local cuisine. The Innkeep, happy to have business, makes sure that she is wll fed and that anything she needs will be taken care of. "Garen's the name, and it seems to me that you must be hungry. Come, sit, and I will bring you a plate. The foods good, and warm, while the drinks are a a travelling man's, er, I mean woman's companion." He heads back to the cooking area, and returns with a plate of meat pie, with bread and butter. The drink is set before you and you smell the apple flavor of it. "And what would a lass such as you be doin' out this way? Never seen you before, so you must be one of the young ones, wanting to learn from Maximo, huh? Everyone wants to learn from him. Many go to Springside every year, but only a few stay, as the training is tough and unyielding. Many are seen going back home, not fit for such a life as the academy. You mind yer manners around them teachers!"

Near the doorway, a shadow can be seen, and when Garen looks, he grins in that direction. "Jenson! You old devil! It's already been a month? Time sure does fly these days."

"Indeed it does, and so must I. Seems as though I got this singin' fellow that I am givin' a lift to Springside. I think he;s another one of those student wannabe's. They are always coming and going. But he seems nice enough, and the company is welcome. Besides, it beats travelling alone and having nobody to talk to!"

OOC - Kevin and Belvar are at the rock, waiting for the arrival of the others. Darius and Gray Sparrow are seemingly in a race to Springside, walking the distance. Nedander and Nyela are at Bretonshire, Nyela inside the Inn, and Nedander wondering if he should go inside, or wait outside...Almost there.....

Lefferts

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
OOC - Kevin and Belvar are at the rock, waiting for the arrival of the others. Darius and Gray Sparrow are seemingly in a race to Springside, walking the distance. Nedander and Nyela are at Bretonshire, Nyela inside the Inn, and Nedander wondering if he should go inside, or wait outside...Almost there.....

Nedander decides to wander into the building. It can't hurt to
meet new people.

D'Amico Vega

First Post
Darius slows down a bit more so that the figure will be revealed in the next minute or so. But what if it were some cleric looking for a sacrifice to perform some sort of ritual? Or maybe it was a demon mage that altered himself so that he could look human by the "disguise self" spell? Then Darius gets over his paranoia, comes to his senses, and then just thinks it's just a normal traveller, just like himself.

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
Gray Sparrow finally gets with in shouting distance of the person ahead of her. "Hello there! How are you this fine day?" she calls. Seeing the huge sword in the man's hands she remains calm but begins to think of an attack form to get in close where the sword's length would be nullified. Faint, dodge low and come up with a crushing blow to the man's throat! She thinks to herself. :p

Last edited:

Remove ads