Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Caravan sounds neat. Better than the current campaign my group is in.

Last night was really lame. It's bad when people are so disinterested in what's going on we start talking about video games and stuff. There was this trap that hits EVERYONE like literally three times as we're progressing that causes anyone who fails to strip naked, swim across a lake to the shore and start clawing at this wall. Of course there are two eels in the lake to make the journey "More interesting". What ensued was a frustrating combat in the water in a group where no one could swim well and then after the final save I was the only one who managed to pass all of the saves. I search for secret doors, roll a 3 and fail. So then I'm putzing around, the ONLY character who isn't trying to claw at the wall. Eventually I manage to fight of a Sea Hag and a few Gremlins, rescue this woman who immediately goes and releases the secret door I failed to find. But that's after like more than a half hour of JUST me. So you can see why everyone was distracted by other stuff. Personally, I was SUPER close to just saying "My character leaves and never comes back". Apparently they would have just clawed at the door until they died, which was a stupid trap since there was no duration or anything. [Two hours had passed by and they were still clawing at the wall]. Ugh... Two people nearly died, but at least this week there were no deaths!

My new character has Profession (Taxidermy) and since we're dying so often one of the others said I should take our bodies and create the "Hall of Heroes" with placards that say how they died so at the end of the campaign we'll have a record of all the deaths and how they died.

Scotley

Hero
Yeah the circus is scary.

Attachments

• circus.jpg
    circus.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 52

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Hehee. I actually kid about the tiger. I have no memory how that game ended. Was probably one of the last campaigns I ran for the old group, back in highschool, and it ended when the group split after school... If I can convince this new group of the validity, I'll try to pull the circus campaign again...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
There's always need for a troll. How about a finnish troll? A Finntroll?
I watched a movie called troll hunter on netflix. I think it took place in Norway. It came out in 2010. It was rather entertaining with a third person view of the ghost hunter documentaries you see all the time.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Is that the one with the supposedly crazy guy out in the middle of nowhere Norway...and then the youngsters filming him get one of his fights on film? Fun flick.

Remove ads