• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Harry Potter d20

Imbasel

First Post
Ok they look really good. I'm guessing salamanders that live to be 1000 would be rare as they can only live as long as the fire that birthed them. Where may I ask did you receive the properties of salamander blood?

Also, how did the adventure go and what are your thoughts?

Also, we can decided on the breath attack later maybe having a heat aura would work better? Is that what the burning touch is or is that only when it is touched? Also, maybe have the heat aura be based off the size and age of the salamander.

Kafen

First Post
The salamander blood thing was from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

The burning touch is the heat aura. :) It needs to be a special ability.

The age factor would raise the Salamander into spell casting range, and I am tempted to drop the breath weapon to spell usage at old age to be honest.

The adventure is set for Monday. The salamander is going to be a creature for them snooping around at night. So, we will see what happens. I can have a post by Tuesday.

NOTE: I used the Ministry of Magic rating system to settle on a casual encounter. 'Competent wizard should cope' rating should make a challenging encounter for new wizard students.

Last edited:

Imbasel

First Post
My question is do salamanders possess any spellcasting ability and thank you I need to find my copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Also, are your kids excited for the game and is there anything I can help clarify for make for your use?

Kafen

First Post
The 'older' one is into it. The younger one is just there for kicks. He has friends into it, however.

I am fairly sure the salamanders do not have spellcasting in the books, but I figure that a 1000 year old creature might have it. It would be rare and interesting.

Imbasel

First Post
Well, I hope your kids like and enjoy it regardless. Also, maybe have the salamander be able to cast a fire based spell or supernatural effect. Maybe something involving fire like something called "Turned to Ash" where the Salamander could raise the heat around it and deal 15d6 points of fire damage to all creatures in a 15 foot radius usable once per day.

Kafen

First Post
So...

No breath weapon on Salamander, the heat aura is good to go. Otherwise, it plays well in the setting while holding the theme of the HP universe. The HD was a bit high, but the HD covered the fireworks episode. So, it fit the genre which was important to me.

Anyways, the general theme was good. I used commoner and expert for the Muggles. Plus, I used noble and the wizard class for the elders. I dropped all the other classes.

That's the short short version of the review. I have to get work done. So, time is short for me. Cheers!

Last edited:

Imbasel

First Post
That sounds pretty cool and what do you mean by the fireworks episode? If you have more free time later please let me know so I can have a possibly more detailed play through of it. I hoped everyone involved enjoyed it.

Remove ads