• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

haste question

Twinswords

First Post
I have a question about haste.

If you put a haste spell over a sorcerer can he/she cast to 2 spells per round?
Or just one?

Twinswords
Two swords are better then one.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
It depends on what the spells are.

A hasted sorcerer (of the appropriate level) could cast summon monster I, or two fireballs, or 1.5% of a contact other planes.

He/She could cast fireball, magic missile, and move 30 feet (or whatever a full move for that character).

Xahn'Tyr

First Post
Haste allows an extra partial action each round. Casting a spell with a one action casting time is a partial action. So you can cast one during your "normal" round and another using your extra partial action, assuming that both have a casting time of "1 action".

Also note that you are allowed to cast a spell with a casting time of "one full round" by using both your normal action and your bonus partial action together.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Heh. Really nice, haste: First you cast it, and then you cast another spell right after it, meaning that activating haste doesn't even prevent you from acting that round. :D
Sorcerers with haste are especially nasty... :eek:

Marshall

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
Addendum: A human Wiz13 could even cast two fireballs, a Quickened fireball, and move 30 feet...

...fall into a pit trap and cast Feather Fall...

You know, I like the no more than two spells a round rule

Remove ads