HAWAIKI: Mythic Polynesia - The Legend begins...

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
wolff96 said:
Is it too late to get in on this game?

I never seem to notice the interesting new game notices until it is too late, darn it.

If it isn't too late, I'd play a Tangata sorcerer.

Your in (and lucky last - (for now))

PS if anyone else wants to play let me know (we still have the reserve list going:D but I think this makes us 6?)

and I'm still not too sure what the Bards name is yet...

wolff96

First Post
Wai-Tu-Mata Takanui
Tangata Sorcerer 3
Chaotic Good

Height : 6'1"
Weight : 180lbs
Eyes : Dark Brown
Hair : Black, worn short and straight
Skin : Deep Tan

STR: 10
DEX: 14
CON: 12
INT: 12
WIS: 12
CHA: 16

BAB: +1

Obsidian-Tip Halfspear: +1 melee (1d6, 20/x3)
Javelins: +3 ranged (1d6, 20/x2)

FORT: +2
REF: +3
WILL: +4

AC: 13 (+2 Dex, +1 Coral Bracers of Armor)

Hits: 3d4+6 (+3 Con, +3 Toughness)

Skills (Ranks/Total)
Concentration: 6 / +7
Knowledge (Arcana): 6 / +7
Spellcraft: 6 / +7
Swim: 3 / +3

Feats:
Toughness
Point-Blank Shot
Precise Shot

Equipment: Obsidian-Tipped Halfspear, 10 Javelins, Waterskin, Coral Bracers

SPELLS:

Save DC: 13 + Spell Level

Sorcerer Spells Per Day: 6/6

Sorcerer Spells Known: 5/3
0th:
Ray of Frost
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation
Disrupt Undead
Light

1st:
Shield
Magic Missile
Charm Person

EDIT: Heh... Forgot the extra HP from Toughness.

Last edited:

wolff96

First Post
This is my first Play by Post and I'm glad to be here. :)

Since his name is something of a mouthful, my character will be going by "Wai" for short.

Seonaid

Explorer
wolff96 said:
This is my first Play by Post and I'm glad to be here. :)

Since his name is something of a mouthful, my character will be going by "Wai" for short.

Welcome, welcome! I'm fairly new to PBP as well. It's fun!

Yeah, names are a bit here. Although I'm sure none of the PC's or NPC's would have trouble with them. ;)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Seonaid said:
Yeah, names are a bit here. Although I'm sure none of the PC's or NPC's would have trouble with them. ;)

Welcome wolff96 Wai-Tu-Mata Takanui glad to have you involved.

I love the innovation you had of making the Bracers of Armour 'Coral'- brownie points to you:D

Yep the NPCs have absolutely no probs with the names:D - and btw my real name is 'Ngai-te-rangi' - so you see why your PC names are a breeze:D

A note Literacy and Magic Items. Hawaiki has no 'written language' instead relying on an extensive oral tradition of Chants, Incantations, Songs and Stories to convey knowledge. Those trained in various 'knowledge skills' (including all spellcasting classes) are reknown for their memories and their ability in poetry and oratory. This Oral Tradition is one reason why Speechmaking and Singing its such a key part of the Culture of Hawaiki

Nonetheless Hawaiki does have a few systems of non-oral symbolic communications including

1. Tatoo, Carving, Weaving, Tapa and Paint motiff These
usually carry meaning and act as mnemonic devices helping those skilled in the arts to remember stories and ritual chants. A famous specimen of Carved symbols is the Rongorongo Tablets of Rapanui. These Motiffs sometimes carry spell-like effects in which case they are considered 'Wonderous Items' (equivalent in function to Manuals/Tomes).
wack4.jpg

2. 'Knotted cords' are a rare system of communications understood by few even in Hawaiki. The Knots have special meanings and along with the various items woven into the cords (for instance red feathers, tufts of dog hair, leaves, pebbles etc) are able to record information and even spells. Knotted Cords are worn in the hair or ear and sometimes used to decorate finemats. Knotted Spell Cords are equivalent to Scrolls and are activated when the knot is pulled undone (consuming/destroying the components) Create Spell Cords replaces the Create Scroll feat

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
Okay, my character's finally finished (except for the background). I changed his name to Punga Punga Tani because we already had a character named Lani in the game and several other character's names started with the letter 'T' :D I'm jumping over to the IC thread now.

wolff96

First Post
Two quick questions...

I drop by the message boards about twice a day during working hours (EST). So I don't want to post either too much or too little. Any suggestions on how often is "good"?

Second, do you want us to post backstories here, Tonguez?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
wolff96 said:
Two quick questions...

I drop by the message boards about twice a day during working hours (EST). So I don't want to post either too much or too little. Any suggestions on how often is "good"?

Second, do you want us to post backstories here, Tonguez?

Okay please post Character Profiles at Rogues Gallery thread, including Stats, Background story as well as any NPCs you may have come up with.

BTW the introductions you've all made in the IC thread are great, this ought to be lots of fun:)

Okay as to Times. I'm online most every night and sometimes during the day (its a great advantage working from home) so if you guys post at least daily things should progress. I also encourage you all to be imaginative and interact with the environment and each other as you see fit, as long as you don't kill anyone or change the environment too drastically its all good.

Um EST, Central etc confuses me. GMT is much easier so:

I'm in New Zealand at GMT +12 (I beleive EST is GMT -5 right) that means something like 17 hour difference between us

So its now 11pm Wed 23 July here which means that its 6am there (I think) - pretty much when I'm online you guys are probably just getting up or else fast asleep.

I'll probably consolidate what everyone rights and then post a response giiving information and options/hooks for your characters to pick up and develop. We only need to get down to microlevel posting for combat and other action stuff I suspect.

I'll post notes and DM rulings in this ooc thread throughout too...

Last edited:

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
Indeed the Taipo bard does have a name..

Afa-ru-ru :)

Think it reflects his nature in the sound of it.. i will have the character up 2nite, i cant find my SS book so im just working on the goblin part at the moment...

Sorry for the delay :)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
mirthcard said:
Okay, my character's finally finished (except for the background). I changed his name to Punga Punga Tani because we already had a character named Lani in the game and several other character's names started with the letter 'T' :D I'm jumping over to the IC thread now.

Very popular that letter T:)

anyway just wanted to ask which of the Beast Spirits you are most interested in - I hate to have a Dire Boar visit Punga Punga Tani when your more keen on a Shark or something...

Remove ads