HAWAIKI: Mythic Polynesia - The Legend begins...

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Raurth Snowfang said:
Indeed the Taipo bard does have a name..

Afa-ru-ru :)

Think it reflects his nature in the sound of it.. i will have the character up 2nite, i cant find my SS book so im just working on the goblin part at the moment...

Sorry for the delay :)

Good name Afa-ru-ru (means something like rumbling storm btw)

For Goblin Stats use this (from 3.5 SRD
Goblin characters possess the following racial traits.

–2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, –2 Charisma.

Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls,
+4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters
Speed 30 feet.

Darkvision out to 60 feet.
+2 Reflex
+4 Move Silently, .
Automatic Languages: Hawaiki-raro,Taipo.

Last edited:

wolff96

First Post
Character Profile is up, along with a full analysis of Rangi Takanui (Wai's father) and thumbnail sketches of his grandmother and the two O'Punga hired hands.

Also mentioned but not statted is Tama Takanui, Wai's Great Grandmother and a rather potent sorcereress that he admires a great deal. She is deceased, most likely of old age.

Finally, I added a member to Chief Makea's family... a daughter named Ru-Hina. I did not stat her out. If adding people to the family of the chief -- even for a crush that doesn't even know about Wai -- is a problem, let me know and I'll edit it.

Mirth

Explorer
Tonguez said:

Very popular that letter T:)

anyway just wanted to ask which of the Beast Spirits you are most interested in - I hate to have a Dire Boar visit Punga Punga Tani when your more keen on a Shark or something...

I just now realized that the half-orcs are called O'Pungas :rolleyes: Any suggestions for a name, Tonguez?

As for the beast spirit, I must admit I'm intrigued by the VELOCIRAPTOR idea, but I'd be equally glad to let you run with it, too. I'm pretty flexible...

Jay

Argent Silvermage

First Post
mirthcard said:

As for the beast spirit, I must admit I'm intrigued by the VELOCIRAPTOR idea, but I'd be equally glad to let you run with it, too. I'm pretty flexible...

Jay

Is this like an Animal companion? if so it is stated that there are no large animals on the islands.
In real live I study Shamanism and If this is a Totem it could be very powerful.

Mirth

Explorer
Argent said:
Is this like an Animal companion? If so, it is stated that there are no large animals on the islands. In real life I study Shamanism and if this is a Totem it could be very powerful.

Hey Argent!

I'm intending to take Tonguez' alt.Paladin PrC later and this is what Tonguez posted about it back on the first page (I got the idea from his post) :

Tonguez said:
Tanguru (alt.Paladin)
Amongst the many atua of Hawaiki are the beast-spirits – Shark, Crocodile, Lizard, Wild Boar, Eagle, Nanakia (Velociraptor) – Spirits that hunger to devour the souls of mortals. The Tanguru are the chosen vessel of the beast-spirits, leaders in warfare the Tanguru agree to carry the beast-spirits into battle and in return the beasts imbues the Tanguru with a part of their power.

I put the color & emphasis above for clarity's sake. Don't know anything about it beyond that. You'll have to ask Tonguez :D

Jay

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Velociraptors IMC are medium-size Deinonychus (see MM) - irl Velociraptors were about the size of a dog (and 6 ft from nose to tail tip). I also subscribe to the Velociraptors were birds theory (so the Nanakia is covered in feathers)

Hows this?
4_velociraptor.jpg

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
mirthcard said:

I just now realized that the half-orcs are called O'Pungas :rolleyes: Any suggestions for a name, Tonguez?

Jay

Puna Tani (Pool of Tears) could be an option (ie just drop the ng)

oh and this might be a less comical Nanakia

Vraptor.GIF

Mirth

Explorer
Tonguez said:
Puna Tani (Pool of Tears) could be an option...

Thanks Tonguez! I like it and seems to fit the character very well. Have already changed the character sheet and the first character post :D

Plus the Nanakia looks way cool :cool:

Jay

Argent Silvermage

First Post
As Promised

Sharktooth Staff
Cost: 20pg Damage: 2D6 Crit: x3 Weight: 10# Type: Slashing

if the weilder hits a small of medium sized opponent it does normal damage + can innitiate a grapple with out provoking an Aoo. while grappled the weilder may on his turn inflict damage to the grappled oppenentwithout making a further attack roll.

Remove ads