• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The big alien silently and repeatedly points to the camera, then sneaks along the northern wall. Squeezing himself below the black camera orb, he threads lightly towards the door he can see at the end of that corridor.

Better hope it's more interresting that a frecsing storage room...

«I think that's what you described, Possum: a camera on the corridor wall pointing towards the door marked "stockade". Correct me if I'm wrong. Assuming not, what's written on *this* door, Possum? Is there a security system protecting it? Let me know if Sloor and TB need a stealth roll.

Sloor the TB Perception: 1d20=17, 1d20+9=11

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack stops briefly at the door to the storage room. With a hand gesture, he silently asks Mir if there was anyone inside.

If so, he will open the door to peek inside the storage room, Who knows what we might find, Could be a repulsor sled or something even more useful. Like Imp toilet paper.

He will remain on guard at the storage room until Mir checks the next door or Sloor mentions any door labels.

<<Possum will likely have to answer if Mir saw anything in the storage room or not.>>

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir will check the storage room... (take 10) Use the Force Check 23

(however answered by Possum, Mir will relay to the others)

She turns to Sloor and whispers, "I might be able to move the camera... I am sure that would draw attention though. Would be a way to storm a room. If that is what one wants to do."

possum

First Post
The storage room is empty of living beings, filled only with crates labeled with mundane items. The room to its right is labeled "Communications".

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack whispers to Mir, "Maybe you shouldn't mess with it."

The soldier looks to see if they can reach the lifts without being caught on the security cams. Then he tries to recall what he knows about imperial military facilities.

<<Take 10 on Knowledge Tactics for a 17. Will that be enough to learn what capabilities the facility might have in the Communications room? What about the type of room on the second floor, guessing it is the security or command room. But perhaps the Comms room has dual function.>>

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sloor points through the door marked 'comunications'. "Sec room," he whispers back. Probably. He then shakes his blaster and raises a scaly ridged eyebrow, indicating at least *he* thinks they should take it out next.

«If everybody is go, let's go with the same approach as with the medlab: TB to activate door and others to rush in during the surprise round. This is assuming the opening mechanish for this room is the usual straighforward button.

possum

First Post
Well, if I'm remembering it correctly, Vazus--the former Separatist in the Felucian village--said that the best place to set up the explosives would be in the communications room.

As for what's in there: there's likely very powerful communications equipment in there, maybe even powerful enough to break the jamming of the fungi. As for the turbolift, it's possible to get there without being seen by the camera. It may be slightly difficult, though.

possum

First Post
Here's a spoiler-free map for the area you're in right now. Please place your characters where you want them to be.

[sblock]
DoDCommCenterPlayerPlacement.jpg

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack gives a thumbs up that he is ready, blaster rifle set to lethal and single shot. He whispers to Sloor, "This may be a good time for a grenade."

The soldier moves to directly across the corridor from the door.

<<2 squares South of door. I figure Keyton is taking point, TB it to the right of him, Sloor to the left and Mir beside Mack?
"Ready... HUT... HUT... HIKE!">>

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Last edited:

Remove ads