Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Mack is pretty calm about the ordeal, secure in the fact that the imps are locked outside and no spare troopers are running around inside to out flank them. He holds out the code cylinder.

"I think we have all the bad guys right where we want them, divided up and ready to be conquered. Here, TB can take the code cylinder to open the door for us if it's necessary."
"Well *I* think we're two, three snaps in frant awf a marbling big wave awf a CAWNTERATTACK. Better nawt stawp running, spirks! TB! Gaw!" And the droid triggers the door.

«1 square NW of the double doors, please.

possum

First Post
Mir is able to sense five life signs in the room ahead, all of them seeming apprehensive.

[sblock=Tactical Map, Round 1 Start]

DoDA1PrisonCellEnemyPlacement.jpg

Inits

Warden Droids 26
Mir 23 (+8)
Block Guard 23 (+3)
Keyton 14
Mack 11
Sloor 3[/sblock]

As TB triggers the door a mere second after Mir uses the Force to sense who's in the room, a round of blaster fire explodes around you. Beyond the doors lies a large holding area where several prisoners linger anxiously. Each of the two smaller rooms flanking the hall seem built for defense, both from intruders and the prisoners.

Those in front of the door see two tall and angular droids with thin bodies and long, spindly arms. The tips of their hands spark occasionally with blue energy, and its large, glowing eyes seem to scan the room with vigilant awareness.

Keyton is the one who is aimed at by the lone droid that you can see. (Ref 17 for 11 stun damage)

Mir is up.

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir steps up (behind TB to giver her line of sight to droid 2)... considers her options quickly, she recalls the teachings of the felucian chieftain, and attempts once again to gather up the surrounding air and compressing tightly into a ball of force and hurls it forward...

(Force Blast 1d20+13=15 for 2d6=6 damage )

((And no, I am not impressed... 3rd attempt at this power, and the roll still sucks. (rolls 1, 2, and 2) ))

possum

First Post
Mir sends a blast of Force energy towards the second warden droid. It staggers slightly and an unimportant bit of machinery falls off of it. The two human wardens, for those that can see them, go into a quick combat stance and fire at the group with their blaster pistols. The first one shoots at TB (Ref 9 for 12 dmg) but hits the wall that barely gives the droid some degree of cover from his shots. The second one aims at Mack (Ref 17 for 10 dmg including cover bonus).

[sblock=Tactical Map, Round 1]

DoDA1PrisonCellRnd1Keyton.jpg

Inits

Warden Droids #1 26 (13/19 HP)
Warden Droids #2 26
Mir 23 (+8)
Block Guard #1 23 (+3)
Block Guard #2 23 (+3)
Keyton 14 is up
Mack 11
Sloor 3[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
'nade those troops!

Keyton dahses into the room quickly and charges the second Warden droid, ending between it and TB. With his lightsaber quickly ignited he attempts to sever those metal sparking hands.

possum

First Post
Keyton's slash opens up a wide and sparking gash in the already wounded second droid's plating, but it still stands at the end of the attack.

[sblock=Tactical Map Round 1]

DoDA1PrisonCellRnd1Mack-1.jpg

Inits

Warden Droids #1 26
Warden Droids #2 26 (06/19 HP)
Mir 23 (+8)
Block Guard #1 23 (+3)
Block Guard #2 23 (+3)
Keyton 14
Mack 11 is up
Sloor 3[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"TB! Ian grenade between thawse taw!"

The hover droid smoothly extracts the metalic sphere from internal storage, then paused, optics darting, processors calculating... "Cannot, your jedi friend is in the area of effect."

"Saw it'll sting a little! Daw it!" Sloor mashes his thumb on the red trigger of his stun grenade...

"Perhaps you would like a lovely lecture on behavioral inhibitors and their implications? It is most edifying."

Sloor swears, "Frek! Taw the left then, bawth awf us tawgether... Naw!" He breaks cover and both sphere and cylinder go clattering into the lefternmost alcove, twin red lights blinking in an ever-accelerating rhythm...

«I don't think Mack's action will affect mine, so here it is before I go to bed. Stun grenade vs Human-1 and 2: 1d20+2=12, 4d6+1=12. Ion grenade attack on Droid-1 : 1d20+2=3, 4d6=9. Half damage all around it seems... :.-(

Last edited:

Remove ads