• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

possum

First Post
As Sloor looks at the prisoners, he can see that the Admiral is one of the prisoners inside. He looks beaten up and Mack and Sloor remember something that they read when accessing the computers in the communications room.

[sblock=Message]
Sorry, forgot to post this when you first accessed the computer.

//ROUTED . . . SECURITY ENCRYPTION CONFIRMED
//FROM PRAKITH CITADEL COMM CENTER VIA HOLONET NODE
6673-ALPHA
//FROM NODE 6673-ALPHA VIA STAR DESTROYER ASSIDUOUS
Priority 1 Message Follows:
Prepare former Admiral Gilder Varth for transfer to the Citadel.
Inquisitor Draco will be arriving within a standard Felucian
day/night cycle to take custody of the prisoner. You are instructed
to have your medical technicians ensure that Varth is fully rested
and at his highest possible strength.
Interrogation chemicals should be administered to Varth upon
notification that the Inquisitor has arrived on Felucia. Varth will be
transferred by shuttle to the Assiduous before Inquisitor Draco takes
custody. Time from administration of interrogation chemicals to
transfer to the Inquisitor’s personal transport should fall within an
acceptable window of 27 to 54 minutes.
//END TRANSMISSION[/sblock]

If Keyton does wish to use his lightsaber to cut open the door, it does so easily and without any further alarm. Sloor guards the turbolift, and it continues to remain on its present level. A quick check of the controls reveals that the lift is presently locked and would require a code cylinder to use, as well as there are only two levels of the building.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Mir briefly pauses to look over the gooey mess and makes a face and then turns to the cells, "Please, we are working on getting you all out. Who of you is Mr. Varth?"

“He’s the awne that looks just like his hawlaw, Sra,” calls Sloor from the other room. The turbolift continues to remain on its present level. A quick check of the controls reveals that the lift is presently locked and would require a code cylinder to use, as well as the fact that there are only two levels on this building. Good.

“I’m thinking- Hawld awn.” Two quick shots and both the hallway camera, as well as the one in the turbolift (if it has any), are sparking ruins, “-I’m thinking we hawle awerselves up awn the main deck until awer ride arrives. They’re gawing taw be *waiting* fawr us thaw... TB, gaw get three carbines fawr awer new recruits, will you?” With a nod at the communication room and the dead/unconscious troopers there.

“Thank the powers I have the latest softwares and upgrades, or I could not handle all these complex tasks,”
lightly grouses the droid as it glides away. Mostly making conversation, thinks Sloor, but still.

“Yeah, well, I ain’t exactly exercising all awf my prawfit-making muscles at the mawment, am I? Think us a way up there, if you’ve gawt saw much frecsing free time!”

«Possum, can the lift bring all seven of us up in one go? How much cover would we have from outside fire (on each side of the door or something)? Lastly, what does the ceiling/floor of the lift look like (inspection trap door maybe)?

Nebten

First Post
If there is no other way to open the door, Keyton will use his lightsaber to cut their way in. Once a passage is made, he presents himself.

Admiral Varth, I am Keyton Voyran. We are here to rescue you. ;)

possum

First Post
Varth wipes the dust off of his tattered uniform and tries to make himself look dignified despite the evident signs of torture on his face, most prominently a large bruise covering his right eye. "I must thank you," he says. "I heard talk of the guards about a transfer soon," he adds.

OOC: I'd say the railings don't give you that much cover at all, really.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack snorts, "No drek Admiral. You were about to be tortured most likely. Everyone in there okay to walk? "

Since their primary objective is found, Mack starts thinking ahead.

"We have a code cylinder from that idiot in the comms room. Since we didn't use it on the detention block, it might work for the lifts. I suggest we leave it with TB and the four of us head up there and deal with the facility commander and any guards he has. Then we can come back down, plant the bomb and load up the salvaged gear on the replusor sled and gurney."

OOC: Anything on the remains of the block guards or droids?
What is the condition of the other prisoners?
[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 2 (Rescue) FP: 5
Init: +8 Perception: +9
HP: 39 (15 Threshold) Current: 39
Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 15 Will: 13
Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sloor gives him a strange look... "Is it just me awr *are* we really trapped in a single building, with naw exits, surrawnded by mawre frekking troopers then we gawt blaster charges? Cawse the way you're talking, Mack man, I'd swear we were awt awn the frecsing *tawn*. Are you awn dawpe awr sawmething?" Either that or he's gone 'I am the incarnation of the Living Force' crazy on them.

Just then TB returns with the weaponry, which Sloor proceeds to quickly hand out -- after making sure they're in burst fire mode. ("Just pawint them away frawm us, alright?")

possum

First Post
The other two prisoners nod their heads but express dismay at the plan for the group to leave. "No!" one says as Mack mentions it. "We leave out that front door and make our way into the jungle." He also appears to have been tortured and is obviously not in his right mind at the moment.

Mack can see that the two guards have a blaster pistol on them. The weapons on the droids are implemented into their chassis and would be impossible for a regular humanoid to use.

Nebten

First Post
I agree. We should clear out the second level so that we can escape from the high point. If we leave the explosive device down here, would TB be able to start and make his way up (unless it has a remote then forget this sentence)

Keyton walks over to the demented prisoner and says in a calm voice, You want to lay down and take a nap right now.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack grins, "Relax Sloor, ol' buddy. This operation is in the bag. Besides light stick guy here is precognitive, didn't you know?"

"So simply, by the numbers; First we eliminate the facility commander upstairs. Second, my lovely girl, Okeefe, arrives and takes care of the imps surrounding us with her starship weapons, at least those frakheads that are stupid enough to stick around when she shows up anyway. Of course if she can force the AT-ST to surrender we could take that with us, wonder if we can get it through the hatch."

He shakes his head to return to what he saying before his eyes got too big as he envisioned running around in a scout walker.

"Anyway, given the vegetation, she might have to bring her ship in and pick us up straight off the roof. I don't think we have any other LZ."

"Third, we load up the rescued people and our salvaged gear while I set the final timer on the explosives. Lastly, we lift off this jungle and I go back to trying to convince Captain Okeefe to recreate with me."

To speed things along, Mack starts rounding up the trooper armor, spare utility belts and gear from the troopers, comm techs, and block guards to pile on the repulsor sled. Then he will set up the explosive in the comm center, but keeps the detonator with him as he intends to return and complete that later.
OOC: Gather up extra weapons and gear on repulsor sled.
Cannot remember, is detonator a timer or remote? Was assuming timer.
[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 2 (Rescue) FP: 5
Init: +8 Perception: +9
HP: 39 (15 Threshold) Current: 39
Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 15 Will: 13
Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks at Mack in his matter of fact of the situation. "Let us hope it goes that smoothly. If you are need of a distraction with those outside, it might be possible that I can get past them and strike from the jungle and draw some of the Imperials off." She says and continues before there are objections, "I would rather not... but it is there for you. Let us deal with whomever is upstairs first." Checks her wrist chronometer to see how long before the ship arrives.

((Sense Surroundings... (take 10) 23 Use the Force Check for above us...))

Remove ads