• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

possum

First Post
As Keyton uses the Force to suggest that the deranged prisoner sleep, he collapses to the ground immediately, unhurt but in a deep sleep. Admiral Varth looks to the other prisoner, who has calmed down and is sitting down on the bench, still a bit frightened but relieved to be free.

Mir peers through the Force and senses four life signs above her, three of them with the same feelings that she sensed when dealing with the Felucian captives in the medical bay, the other is extremely strong willed.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
'I am the incarnation of the Living Force' crazy it is then. "Alright, here's what *I* hear: we gaw up there in that wide-awpen turbawlift, sawmehaw we easily survive the frekking inevitable ambush they have waiting (better hawpe nawne awf *them* have frekking grenades!), cawme back dawn taw daw sawme leasurly shawpping -- trusting awer lives awn the fact those spirks awtside *stay* awtside (against lawgic, tactics and fawr naw frekking reasan *we* can figure awt...) And then we just strawll awt intaw the awpen when awer ride shaws up, with three shuttle-full awf stuff slawing us dawn and apparently nawbawdy shooting at us either -- becawse awer ship is naw a frekking *star destrawyer* instead awf the Baudo yacht cawrrier it was when I last lawked at it... Excuse me if that sawrt awf thinking FREEKS ME AWT just a tiny, tiny bit, Rebellian baw.

"*I* say we use awer detawnite taw blaw awerselves access up taw the command deck, by-passing that prepared ambush, then barricade awerselves in there fawr when the troopers start flawding in, and *then* tawss that frecsing useless explawsive awn the guys still awtside when awer ride shaws up! That shawld be distractian enawgh fawr anybawdy -- meaning we have a slight frekking chance awf actually getting awt awf here befawr the *actual* star destrawyer starts laying dawn killing fire awn awer half awf the frecsing cantinent in retaliatian. TB, smack that detawnite awn the ceiling awver there, will you?" He points up to a spot well away from the turbolift entrance. "We tawss in a few grenades by way awf greeting and then you're awer ladder taw climb up there, understood?"

«If Mack begins wasting time gathering gear and trying to plant the explosive, he'll get a none-too-pleased besalisk standing in his way.

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir takes a breath and looks to the others, and once Sloor is done ranting she says, "We have four individuals above us. One of them, I assume the commander of this facility, has a very strong will."

"I was under the impression that the best place to put the explosives was in communications?" Mir asks Sloor, "I do not have much experience with such items..." she looks to anyone else who might have some insight.

Binder Fred

"We have four individuals above us. One of them, I assume the commander of this facility, has a very strong will."

"Let's assume he ain't a cawmplete idiawt then: he knaws we're here and he's waiting fawr us." The big alien looks back up, supervising the installation of the detonite on the ceiling.

[sblock=OOC]Just to be sure we understand each other, we have two sets of explosives: one detonite pack from our patron (presently being installed on the ceiling) and one thermal detonator from that crazy old guy at the Felucian village.[/sblock]
"I was under the impression that the best place to put the explosives was in communications?" Mir asks Sloor, "I do not have much experience with such items..." she looks to anyone else who might have some insight.

"Never was very clear awn the whawle 'blawing up the base' thing... Nawthing in here they cawldn't rebuild inside a week," grumbles Sloor - who on the other hand frecsing well *knows* what he could get for that explosive device on the gray market - but never mind that now: "You spirks ready?"

«In the interrest of keeping the pace light, I suggest we vote each plan segment as they become relevant (Method of control room invasion (presently current), loot/barricade (after control room is seized) and finally blow up base/blow up sieging troops (when our ship shows up)). Else figuring it all out in one go is going to take some time (and you know the bit about mice and men ;)).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Okay with me, one thing at a time. ;) I vote use illusion and attack from turbo lift. Dentonite hole in floor is optional.

Looking at the map, there are four lifts, each capable of 4 people. Are they completely wide open between them? Or are they like elevators only open at the doors. I am picturing elevators on both levels, but something earlier has me confused.

Mack looks up at the ceiling, "Well, with the blast doors locked from the inside won't have to worry about outside troopers until The Banshee shows up so relax, we have over 10 minutes yet. Blowing up the comms center will cause a chain reaction and level the place, Mir."

"I like the detonite idea, but I think we should use it and follow up with an assault from the turbo lifts. We can unlock all the turbo lifts at once and then send all four up at the same time as TB blows the hole in the floor. We can load ourselves in the one on the other side from the 4 tangoes since Mir knows where they are. We can demoralize or distract them with bodies of troopers in the one closest to them while we arrive in another one behind an illusion of an empty lift, courtesy of Mir. Toss grenades at them from right there."

He asks Mir about where the targets are and any other Intel from her Jedi senses.

"What sort of layout are we talking about up there? And where are the tangoes positioned? Can you tell how they are armed?"

OOC: These questions directed at Mir are likely needed to be answered by Possum. I would be nice to officially see the layout of the next level and their current locations.
[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 2 (Rescue) FP: 5
Init: +8 Perception: +9
HP: 39 (15 Threshold) Current: 39
Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 15 Will: 13
Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Nebten

First Post
I'm a bit lost here. What is the plan with the detonite? Blow a hole in the floor? But we are not going to go through it, just take the feet from out from under the troops? Will it make that big of a hole? If so, I'm for it.

I also agree with assulting the lifts. We need to secure that area. That'll be are best place to hold up if we have to and to escape when we can.

Binder Fred

Mack looks up at the ceiling, "Well, with the blast doors locked from the inside won't have to worry about outside troopers until The Banshee shows up so relax, we have over 10 minutes yet."
"They're at the frecsing secret entrance *too*, Mack man!" reminds the besalisk, who can *still* feel every second ticking off of their lives.

"I like the detonite idea, but I think we should use it and follow up with an assault from the turbo lifts. We can unlock all the turbo lifts at once and then send all four up at the same time as TB blows the hole in the floor. We can load ourselves in the one on the other side from the 4 tangoes since Mir knows where they are. We can demoralize or distract them with bodies of troopers in the one closest to them while we arrive in another one behind an illusion of an empty lift, courtesy of Mir. Toss grenades at them from right there."
"Behavioral inhibitors," points out TB in relation to blowing the detonite -- rather smuggly, thinks Sloor, like a scabber finding an excuse not to work...

"Like the two prawged plan thaw," quickly agrees its owner, frekking relieved some *sense* is coming out of this at last. "I'll set awff the detawnite, admiral and caw can tawss up a few grenades and I gaw up through the hawle if I can, catch them frawm the back... Might actually, frekkingly, wawrk!"

I'm a bit lost here. What is the plan with the detonite? Blow a hole in the floor? But we are not going to go through it, just take the feet from out from under the troops? Will it make that big of a hole? If so, I'm for it.
That gives Sloor pause, brown eyes wide... "Frek, frek, FREK! Hadn't even *thawght* awf planting it right under their feet! Gawd catch, Saber baw! TB, hawld up awn the installatian! Sra, where was the frecsing 'strang-willed' awne standing? Abawt there?" He points up.

«Have TB move the detonite to the point Mir indicates, please. Sloor will then coach "his team" on the actions they need to take (on his signal: 1. one of the prisoners sets off the detonite, 2. the other two prisoners toss up grenades through the hole (one frag and one stun), 3. TB gets into 'ladder' position, 4. Sloor climbs up the hole, hopefully with cover from the smoke of the various detonations).

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
"Remember that an illusion is taxing... " ((takes a force point to activate, I have 2 left.)) she says the to the others... "And just because they cannot see us, does not meant they cannot fire at nothing to be sure... but I am game... we should hurry."

Mir comments to Sloor... "Secret entrance is an air intake..."

She nods to Sloor... "Okay."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Repeated so they aren't forgot on the previous page:

Looking at the map, there are four lifts, each capable of 4 people. Are they completely wide open between them? Or are they like elevators only open at the doors. I am picturing elevators on both levels, but something earlier has me confused.

I am not sure it actually impacts the plan though, just wondering if we have to worry about cover or not.[/sblock]
Mack smirks at Sloor's self berating, "Well, I thought that was what you meant with the idea. Blow the floor right out from under some of them."

He turns back to Mir, "The illusion is not so easy, huh? Then save it. We have good positioning on the them with your special senses so we can time it right to disrupt their defense."

"We send this lift, the southeast one, up with bodies. They move closer to investigate. We set the detonite right their where they will go to look, right outside that lift. We three head up in the northeast turbo lift, a few moment later while they are dodging the grenades from below. Sound good?"

When they are ready, he will have blaster rifle in one hand on auto-fire and frag grenade in the other.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 2 (Rescue) FP: 5
Init: +8 Perception: +9
HP: 39 (15 Threshold) Current: 39
Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 15 Will: 13
Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Binder Fred

Mir comments to Sloor... "Secret entrance is an air intake..."

"And?" puzzles Sloor, not sure where she's going with that. "*We* gawt in easy enawgh, Sra. Why can't *they* get in too?"

She nods to Sloor... "Okay."
"Let's re-pawsitian then. TB?"

"I do hope the man above does not decide to go for a stroll in the next few seconds..." comments the hover droid.

"Always awn the pawsitive side, aren't you?"
jokes the besalisk with a hard thump on TB's casing. "And who knew Jedis cawld *daw* that...? Shawld watch mawre drama hawlaws in my spare time, I suppawse," he shrugs Mack's way.

"We send this lift, the southeast one, up with bodies. They move closer to investigate. We set the detonite right their where they will go to look, right outside that lift. We three head up in the northeast turbo lift, a few moment later while they are dodging the grenades from below. Sound good?"

"All except fawr the bawdies thing: takes time-- and we knaw where they are NAW, Mack man. If they've gawt any brains, they've gawt the lifts cawvered, FRAWM cawver. What if they stay there and just send awne trawper awt taw investigate? Naw, awer first mawve shawld be taw blast right under the feet awf their cawmander, *then* gaw up with the lifts befawre they can recawver! Right? Befawr we fawrget: TB, cawde cylinder please." Sloor extends and slaps it into Mack's open hand.

"Dawn't wawrry, spirks, we daw this sawrt awf thing all the time," he assures the three ex-prisoners. Somehow, coming from him, it works. He then quickly goes over their role in the upcoming battle.

«Throw in a Persuassion/Improve Attitude roll if they need it, Taking 10 for an 18.

EDIT = 50 posts to 1000, folks!

Last edited:

Remove ads