Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

possum

First Post
OOC: I was talking about the lifts in general. There are still four of them, but the layout of the cluster would make your plan as I interpreted in next to impossible.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
«Not sure I follow. The plan, as I understand it, is to blow a hole in the ceiling with the detonite, thereby gaining access to the upper floor/command deck (and hopefully taking out the commander too). If that hole is big enough, sloor will use TB as a hovering ladder to climb up to that upper level through the hole. Meanwhile, Mir, Keyton and Mack will use (1 to 3?) elevator(s) to go up to that same upper level. If the blasted hole is not big to allow Sloor to get up, he was planning to use one of the remaining elevators to also go up... Which part of this is impacted by the layout of the elevator cluster?

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Sorry, I was for some reason under the impression that you were going to climb up the elevator shaft. The plan as it is is fine.

possum

First Post
The explosives rip through the floor with a violent crack, and nearly a ton of duracrete falls to the ground. The lifts carrying Mir, Mack and Keyton shake violently, nearly throwing the three to the floor. They are all able to right themselves, however.

TB lifts Sloor up through the smoking hole in the ground, straining "his" repulsors to do so, but is able to complete his mission.

In the room, there are four Felucians standing there, two of them much more muscular than the other two. Also standing in the room is the captain of the facility, coughing the dust out of his lungs but otherwise unhurt.

[sblock=Tactical Map]

command_centerrnd1start.jpg

Inits

Mir 28 is up
Sloor 20
Mack 15
Keyton 14
Tough Felucians 11
Felucians 11
Capt. Vischera 4[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir whispers to Mack, "I will sneak around the officer", she continues to maintain her Cloak and moves (5 squares west, 1 square north).

((Use the Force Check 1d20+13=20 for the Cloak Not sure if you need another stealth check, but just in case, 1d20+8=16 +2 = 18)

possum

First Post
Rereading the stat blocks, I've corrected the size for two of the Felucians and removed one of the additional two that I added to the encounter. There are now three Felucians in total, two of which are large in size.

I've put up a revised tactical map, and I don't know if the changes will make you rethink your current strategy.

[sblock=Tactical Map Revised]

command_centerrnd1startrevised.jpg

[/sblock]

Binder Fred

“Eh? What? Felucians?” blinks the big alien, taken short. “Verimak; Village; we’re awn your side, spirks! Dawn’t shoot.” He accompanies that with the appropriate hand gestures, arms up and down, weapons pointed well away.

“I think he's been modified, though differently from the ones below,” quietly posits TB.

«Perception 19. Does the felucian have apparent modifications, show signs of being drugged, etc, and how is he armed?

«READIED ACTION: before the felucian can fire or charge, Sloor will jump the hole to the south and take cover behind the corner SW of TB (S, jump 2 South, 1 NW, 1 W). TB moves two squares south.

possum

First Post
The little one is just like the ones you fought in the medical bay, mutated and with a blade for an arm. The big ones are the same as that one, but much bigger. They resemble beasts rather than sentients.

Binder Fred

Can I revise my action?

“Eh? What? Felucians?” blinks the big alien, taken short. “Verimak; Village; we’re awn your side, spirks! Dawn’t shoot.” He accompanies that with the appropriate hand gestures, arms up and down, weapons pointed well away.

Then the smoke from the blast clears, ripping away its concealment. The felucian is just like the ones they found in the medical bay, mutated and with a blade for an arm.

Sloor’s expression would be comical in any other context.

“I think he's been modified, though with some distinctive variations compared to the ones below,” airily remarks TB.

“Naw frek?” fires back its owner. Without further ado, he rushes past the droid, leaps over the narrowest bit of the hole he’s just made in the floor and then just stands there, fingering the grip on his heavy blaster but not firing yet. “Be prepared dawn there!” he yells, “Fawrm a killing perimeter arawnd the hawle! Baddies hawpfully cawming dawn soon!”

«TB: Move 2 south. Fight Defensively, Effective REF = 17.

«Sloor: Move 1 south, jump 2 south, move 1 NW. Standard = Readied Action: fire at the felucian when he attemps to jump over, hopefully 1) negating his Dex bonus and 2) dropping him in the hole on a hit. 1d20+2=6, 3d8+1=13. Drat!

«Ex-prisoners down below: Ready full auto-burst X 3 on area right below hole.

Last edited:

Remove ads