• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HBO's Rome

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
The timeline moves faster and faster and likely will even more so during the rise of Octavian as some of the prime events they will want to portray happen years apart. I wonder who will play Marcus Aemilius Lepidus?

JoeGKushner

First Post
Fast Learner said:
Yeah, Cleopatra is the only return to sex, though, I think.

I disagree about the time.

After Titus kills the husband who was sleeping with his boss's wife, the boss notes that it's been over two months since he's got any action.

This doesn't count the rapid 'deployment' of Ceaser going from hunter to hunted, the initial eight year loss and the timespan to get back to rome and Ceaser staying there to be close to his lover, etc...

Krelios

First Post
Banshee16 said:
I just saw HBO's Rome at Future Shop, and am curious if it was any good. I love Rome as a setting for movies etc., and saw a few episodes of Empire last year, and liked it. "Rome", however, is about $85 for 12 episodes, so it would have to be quite good to purchase it.

Is this one worth the time/money? I don't think I've seen any HBO-centric TV shows, but I've heard much of their programs are good.

Banshee
By far the best bit of Rome fiction I've ever watched. It's based (loosely) on the rise and fall of Julius Caesar for the first season and Octavian is poised to be the focus of the second season (still in production). I watched the first episode on a free HBO preview weekend and signed up for HBO to watch the rest of it (and cancelled it when Rome was done).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads