Heart of Artifice: Part I--Engineered Enigma

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The group continues onward into the High Forest, a lush verdant place full of diverse flora and fauna. Once deep enough inside, they feel reasonably safe from prying eyes. No doubt the pirates have a base somewhere in these woods--if so, even the Artifex Maximus would have trouble sniffing it out without wasting an incredible amount of resources and possibly causing an incident with the High Lady of Fantasia. Anvuss keeps watch as Kharas rests, and they encounter nothing more dangerous than a strange pouched creature looking down at them curiously from atop a tree covered by a spiraling epiphyte (see picture for the animal).*
TreeKangaroo.jpg

*The following morning, Kharas is hungry, but exceptionally well-rested.*

Velmont

First Post
That, or RA decribe what happen next. Searching food will be something Kharas will want to do soon, but he is not a ranger and will think to find civilization before trying to identify which root he needs to eat.

Patlin

Explorer
I guess I'd request that if RA doesn't have time to continue this game, I'd like the game closed and final XP posted. I probably won't enter Anvuss into another game any time soon due to my own time pressures, but this feels like a loose end in need of tying up.

Patlin

Explorer
(OOC: Cor blimey! I thought I gave out XP for the guards already. Well, you guys were two level 3 Artificers, one of which was a Spark, so you guys were total EL 5+ (+ for the Spark). The Guards were a level 4 Warrior and three level 2 Warriors, so EL ~5 (and NPCs are usually easy for their EL, so maybe 5-). It was more-or-less an even match.

XP = (from memory) 900 apiece)

This was the last XP award, and did not appear to contain time XP.

That post was dated 11/13/2007.

Patlin

Explorer
(OOC: There's also 600 Ravers XP / 4 = 150 each. But you need to rest. Tell you what, maybe the portal is a disconcerting experience that will allow Anvuss to level. I'm a nice sort. I'm going to hold off on time XP so you can get more. The longer I wait, the more you get. Why? Because your level will be higher when I multiply it by the months. Aren't I generous? :))

This was the only other XP reward Anvuss received, and also did not include a time xp award. I believe that at that time, it was RA's habit to hold off on rewarding time xp, and to then award it based on the character's level at time of reward.

I believe time XP is due from March 4, 2007 (almost 21 months) at 150 xp a month. I would therefore claim 3,150 xp based on time. It seems to me that we might also qualify for a roleplaying xp award, as there was a lot of rp and very little combat, but it would be difficult to judge that -- probably simpler just to skip it.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: I'm willing to close this up, but I have no idea where you folks are so I can wrap it up knowledgeable. Someone want to summarize?

Remove ads