Heart of Artifice: Part I--Engineered Enigma

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Well, since we're in a bit of a lull, maybe I could spend some DM credits and have the captain provide me wih sufficient resources (as the in character explanation) to build an item in the oh-so-convenient lab?

Edit: Actually, it looks like Anvuss has a surprising amount of cash, so DM credits are moot. Any chance Anvuss can build something?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Now that you're back and I can get online, I'm ready to go! Erekose was quite far ahead of you all due to going solo, so I put him on hiatus until you guys catch up a bit

You'll be able to build things with Thelanium without paying most of the usual costs. The trouble is that gold doesn't really interest people here, so it would be tricky to use it to buy stuff. However, if Anvuss already had some of his wealth in ingredients and reagents, he could certainly use it to tinker something together)

"Well, anyway, it's up to you Anvuss. I would not force someone to go on such a mission."

Patlin

Explorer
"Well, anyway, it's up to you Anvuss. I would not force someone to go on such a mission."

Anvuss ponders this for a moment, and then speaks carefully.

"In that case, I believe it would be best to seek to help the children first. Pehaps I can rejoin the crew and repay any outstanding debt afterwards?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If that is your choice, then so be it. I wish you well in finding your children, Anvuss. And you too, Terrorist. You shall have to find your way from here, but it is technically traversable by foot, so..."

*She gestures to the gangplank, which leads out onto a large floating island covered by a lush forest.*

Patlin

Explorer
Anvus gets whatever directions he can in terms of where to head through the wilderness, and then disembarks as instructed. He arranges his gear and readies his armament. Unless Kharas stops him, he starts marching.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The High Lady's Court is through the forest, over some rainbow bridges, and quite a distance from here, but it's a fairly safe journey. Head mainly northwest. It's a bit more complicated than that, so you will probably still get lost, but hopefully not too badly," the Spark Captain instructs as the pair set off.

Velmont

First Post
"I have a name too, Kharas. Terrorist... I have done nothing to earn that title yet." Kharas grumbles. He takes his packs and follows Anvuss, but stop before waling on the plank. "Good luck... and thanks." these two lasts words seems to have taken much from Kharas. He walks the plank without looking behind and catch up with Anvuss.

"Things won't be easy from now. We need to find Thelanium, and it might be a bit tricky as we don't look likes common people and my unjustified reputation must have reach this place before me." tells Kharas. "Also, I would need some rest. I would like to relax and try to gather my energy to do some infusion in case we need to escape some opponent."

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss is willing to stop for his partner to rest, but wants to set up camp somewhere not easilly visible from a flying ship. Perhaps some tree cover? Anvuss is not in need of rest, nor does he have any projects he can work on at this time.

Remove ads