Heart of Artifice: Part I--Engineered Enigma

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You do know that the place Kharas actually wants to go to get to the device is Fantasia, right? Since they're dropping him off there to get rid of him ASAP, he couldn't have really expected a faster means of transportation to Fantasia, particularly not for free ;))

Velmont

First Post
"I'm sorry for being a dwarf and not a warforged and because of that, i need at least 8 hours of sleep. If I was a creation like everyone here, I could probaly work all day.

I'll keep your secret. Anyway, it doesn't like it matter to me what you can do good ro bad in this world."
answers Kharas.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Captain Nyvh shakes her head.*

"You know, I wasn't created like your friend Anvuss. I have a mother and a father. I imagine you and I were born the same way. Anyway, we're nearing Fantasia, and I'm looking forward for when we can part with your not-so-jolly company without it being fatal for you."

"Anvuss, have you decided whether to come with us or leave with him?"

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, I know that, but I suppose the first of your kind was created by Maximus Artifex. I think he is member of the Cannith house, who created the Warforged, like Anvuss. His symbol is the mark of Making, the symbol of house Cannith. The symbol is too complex to be a coincidence. And it is a Syberis mark, the most powerfull form of the mark, which mean he must have been a powerfull artificer in our world, maybe one of the creator of the warforged. Now, with Thelanium in such hands, he could be possible for him to produce something nearer the biological life then he could have done in our world. And still you are not quite as the people of our world. It can be seen to a good eye. But there is also some obvious sign, like the need of only 4 hour of sleep. I know, the proof are pretty slim and I could be wrong, but there is enough clue to make my theory stand for the moment."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You don't have anyone in your world who rests differently than you? How sad," the Captain expresses, "It is indeed said that the Artifex Maximus created all life, but this is because he is the Holy One. The best a Spark could do might be a clever homunculus, or a prototype enhancement using Thelanium in the image of what the Artifex Maximus has created."

(OOC: These possibly-Fantasian pirates don't look quite the same as the Spirans. They look more like fey, or elves. Both of which often reverie for 4 hours instead of sleeping 8. If he's seen the crewmembers at rest and also seen an elf reverie, it does look like an elf reverie)

Velmont

First Post
"A clever homonculus? That's what most artificer can do in the middle of there training. I am not able to do such thing in my world, but I have done it with Thelanium. Thelanium have allowed be to do thing I might be doing after many years of training, and doing it in such a fast time and easiness that I couldn't even hope in my world. Thelanium in the hand of a member of house Cannith with a Syberis dragonmark of Making, I can easily concieved they can create almost perfect life form like you.

And now you make me think, you have some similarity then the elves. I havn't been around them alot, but it might be possible they need less rest then most other civilized races. Sure, you have animals that need more or less rest, but in general, civilized races need around 8 hours of rest for a normal day of work.

And look at Anvuss. He has been created by house Cannith, most likely people with greater marks or Sybris mark, the two most powerfull form of the mark. They have created him without Thelanium. Have you ever created some complex device or magical items without Thelanium? Anvuss and I have done so. And with Thelanium, limits are push beyond what we could have imagined."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Almost perfect?" the captain rolls her eyes, "what is this 'magical item', some type of depraved withcraft? Making things without Thelanium is sometimes necessary when Thelanium reserves are low, but it is never a good idea when it can be avoided. Lacking the right tools...It's like trying to nail something without a hammer, primitive and inefficient."

"My offer to Anvuss to perform a prototype enhancement on him with Thelanium still stands."

Patlin

Explorer
"It seems apropriate to repay my rescue by assisting in the rescue of others. If Kharas is not to come, perhaps I could rendezvous with him after the rescue is complete."

Velmont

First Post
Captain Nyvh said:
"Almost perfect?"

"Don't misinterpret my words. I don't consider dwarves, humans nor elves of my world as perfect races. I would rather say that Maximus has tried to recreate life like he has seen in his world, with there edges and flaws. And he might has even correct partially those flaw. The warforged are not perfect either, but they have many edges over a race like dwarves. As you have seen, I need a good night of sleep while he can stay awake all day and night. In your case, only a few hour of rest seems enough."

Captain Nyvh said:
"what is this 'magical item', some type of depraved withcraft? Making things without Thelanium is sometimes necessary when Thelanium reserves are low, but it is never a good idea when it can be avoided. Lacking the right tools...It's like trying to nail something without a hammer, primitive and inefficient."

"Yeah, you could say that, but we don't have any Thelanium in our world. And the Thelanium from this world, is not as effective in our world, it kinda loose power. Just as anything that was created from Thelanium. Even an inhabitant of Spira who followed me in my world has somehow changed once crossing the portal, just as it was adapting itself to the reality of our world. Maybe the material has something related to this world.

But even if it is a more consuming process, we have been able to create flying ship, ligthning rails and other powerfull and usefull day-to-day items. The house Cannith, master in the art of artifice, have created the warforged, like Anvuss."

Captain Nyvh said:
"Should be simple enough. Terrorist Guy, do you know exactly where you'll be going after you disembark?"

"We were three to go after these kids and one is already alone. I don't know where he is, but he is a big guy and can take care of himself. Anvuss too, but I don't like the idea to have everyone split up. How much time you think it will take for you to come back?"

Remove ads