Heart of Artifice Temporary 2--Aethelus Alone

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: mostly just using his skills at the moment, he is not wanting to destroy it at all. but if he can figure out how it works with Artificer Knowledge or one of his Knowledge skills)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Fortunately, after that last meal, he now has Artificer Knowledge on crack!)

*Aethelus examines the little fae sprite-clank, looking it over and moving around quickly to glance at every angle, every length, every curve...checking the aerodynamic fluidity vectors and the diophantine energy matrices and everything else. He reaches forward to poke it--was it an it, or maybe a him or a her? it looks vaguely female now that he thinks of it, but as a construct, that would be no moreso than a Warforged might say it was female--to test the consistency of ir'Young's modulus on the stress/strain relationship of the tensile plasticity-elasticity factor of the material, but as he does so, it (she?) raises an eyebrow and speaks:*

"Hey! What was that for, boss?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"You can speak?" he says astounded. "I had never imagined myself capable of such complex design let alone granting life. Do you know how you came to be?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Uh, duh? You made me,"

*The voice does sound sort of female, though it may just be high-pitched because it's small. It/she slaps a tiny hand to her forehead and shakes its head.*

"Just my luck. I get built by the Master with mental problems," she/it sighs.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I am not mentally deficient, merely unaware of your level of consciousness. Perhaps I should pull you apart to figure out how you tick if you'd like to continue with the insults."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"But you asked...hey, you know, never mind. Yeah, I can think, chief. You put a bit of yourself into making me or something. I don't really know. You're the boss. If you kill me, though, my Ghost shall haunt your conscience...maybe. That'd serve you right for killing the goose that lays the golden eggs."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Am I correct in assuming that your knowledge and memories begin from the point where I breathed life into you?" asks Aethelus. He treats the thing like a construct, disobedience is untolerable.

Erekose13

Explorer
"The element which allowed me to create you, Thelanium, is unknown to me. It's properties are still in question and I wanted to ensure that they did not carry any residual effects prior to your creation. Given your wings, you obviously have the ability to fly, have you any other abilities that I should be aware of?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I dunno, chief. You made me in an image of your choice, right? You're the one with the inspiration, the Spark. I probably can't do anything you don't know about, except maybe talk, but did you really not know I would talk, chief? Didn't you base me off some other model or something?"

(OOC: Technically, Jade did mention that some of those little scouts had reported, which implies that they have some way to do it--that thought could have been in his subconscious)

Remove ads