Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Tariq paused to cast a look of annoyance at Samira’s retreating back, before turning his attention back to the heirs. “Thank you, Jibril. I do not think we could have succeeded without your guidance. As for setting watches, I think that is a wonderful idea. Would anyone be averse to my assisting with first watch?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The heirs settle down for the rest of this day (as you feasted with Kadar last night, and this morning Badra spoke to you) to relax and wait out the head. Kadar's train pulls out during the early morning to take advantage of the relative cool, leaving you alone. Omran and Suhayb will take the middle watch for the Heirs, and the rest of them can split up the first and second watches as they see fit. At twilight the third watchers can awaken everyone and prepare for their journey.*

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril A'Mussan (Windwalker, Human) Rogue/Psion/Fighter

*Jibril was vigilent during his watch, then assisted the others to prepare to leave (breaking down of tents, storing of food, and the like).*

"Esteemed ones, I trust everyone is well rested and prepared for the journey ahead of you?" Jibril inquired. Jibril counted heads making certain everyone was there . . . and there were none that weren't.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*After making a head count, the group finds that Samira is still missing. Tracking her, Jibril finds Samira's items neatly stacked at the edge of the fire oasis, and her tracks leading directly into the largest and hottest of the fire fountains. There are no tracks coming back.*

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril A'Mussan (Human, Windwalker)

*Jibril left the items in the sand and followed the tracks near the fire oasis. As he approached he manifested his Energy Adaption for the heat and glanced around. Saddened, he returned and gathered her belongings. With a heavy heart and conscious remorse, Jibril looked at the others.*

"For anyone who has divination available, I have a simple request," Jibril started. He paused several seconds, starting and stopping a number of times. "I cannot fathom why but all the signs point that Samira is no longer among us . . . her things appear all present and a trail leads to the hottest fire oasis. I ask if any among you saw anything since last evening . . . and if possible if someone would confer with the powers that be to confirm what appears to be."

"If any wish to speak with me on this or any topic, I welcome the conversation . . . otherwise I will let you alone with your thoughts. Once I have confirmation, there will be more to discuss . . . ."

*Only after he was finished did Jibril realize that he normal manner was forgotten and he had used the voice he commonly used as a priest of the Five Pillars.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
--Samiraaaaaaaaaaaaa!--

*Everyone hears a bereaved weeping sob in their minds as a little crystal floats up from Shalah's silken garb.*

(OOC: Jamilah flies out to the oasis to find Samira, and she refuses to return until she has proved this for herself one way or the other. Shalah quickly casts Energy Adaptation (Fire) to protect the brave and depressed little psicrystal. I don't know how long a psicrystal can survive in the fire oasis (objects get half damage from fire, right?), so she may not make it out alive before finding Samira, but she doesn't care)

khavren

First Post
Abdul

Abdul looks over the oasis, looking for any sign of Samira or her remains before turning to the rest of the heirs. "I greive for your loss Shalah even as I regret the loss we all share now that Samira has chosen to abandon her duties and her crown. Wether she has become one with the fire or is merely attempting to burn away her human half and be a true fire nymph with her mother she has given up on the quest for her true kingdom, leaving it's fate to the winds. It is even possible that the genies returned her to her past life once she made it clear that she no longer wished to rule in her proper place. While we will all miss her grace beauty and conversation, we cannot tarry long here, either in mourning or in futile search. Our own destinies call us forward, our duty is to bring peace and prosperity to all the desert." With that, Abdul begins loading his camel.

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Nafeesa stands up slowly. She is lost in her own thoughts and speaks not to anyone. Going to her dear animal friends she seeks comfort from their love and loyalty.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Jamilah soars to the place where Samira's footprints lead and catches sight of a lock of red hair. It's caught in the rocks by the fire fountain's edge, shielded from the full force of the fire. It's curled in the heat, but it was clearly caught on the rocks and pulled out when someone went into the fire fountain.

Adham nuzzles Nafeesa looking up at her with soulful eyes before liking her hand. "It's all right, she chose her path. Beings with pure magic in their blood can be single-minded, and she had only one thing on her mind. You did your best for her," he murmurs to her. Dahad simply leans up against her in a show of sympathy for her sorrow.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Tariq sighed softly at the news, and shook his head. Really, was it so bad that she had to take her own life? And in such a horrible way, too. He glanced over to Shalah, to see how she was handling the news, ready to provide comfort if needed. Suicide was always the hardest on those left living. Thoughtfully, he scooped up Aliyy, and scratched the cat behind the ears.

Remove ads