• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hellfire Warlock Question

Zackall94

First Post
Hey I feel like such a noob asking this but here it goes. I have a lvl 10 warlock and i wanted to go into the prestige class, hellfire warlock, but i was a little confused about the details. I meet all the requirements to become one but i saw that in the fiendish codex II that it only has 3 levels. So my questions were when i enter the hellfire warlock class do i go straight to the level 1 hellfire warlock? and do I keep all of my abilities and invocations from my warlock levels? and after those 3 levels are up do i just go back to leveling up in the regular warlock class but with the abilities of a hellfire warlock? and while Im on this i might as well ask, when leveling up as a hellfire warlock it says you get +1 level of existing invoking class, what exactly does that mean? Thanks ahead for your help.

Jorael

First Post
To answer your questions, when you enter the hellfire warlock prestige class, you start as level 1 in that class plus your ten levels in warlock; you'll be an 11th level character with 10 levels in warlock and 1 level in hellfire warlock. You keep all your abilities granted by warlock (5d6 eldritch blast, etc) and add on what you get from hellfire warlock. Once you're level 14, you go back to warlock (as an 11th level warlock and 3rd level hellfire warlock) and keep all the hellfire warlock abilities. The +1 level of existing invoking class means that you'll gain more invocations as a similar level warlock would. So if you were supposed to get a new invocation at 12th level, you'll still get that invocation as a hellfire warlock.

Hope that clears everything up. Have fun with your 'lock!

Remove ads