• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help? Character is illegal ...

EN_blakman

First Post
Hello DM's,

i missed the PoA uptime (due the xmas) so that i could have reequipped my chars and now i have 2 of higher level that are illegal.
Is there a chance that you could manipulate them (or another PoA uptime) so that i can play them again?

player:
- blakman357

chars:
- Dram Bureed (lvl 20) (NOT Dram Burred)
- Fanagir Elogian (lvl 13, if i recall correctly)

Thanks in advance for any help,
Blakman

Greylock

First Post
I hate to speak for the DMs, but it won't likely happen.

Morrus said he has to turn off the ILR for a while to do a special request like this, and that the last time he did it several more chars ended up with illegal items while the changes were being made. Said it compounded the problem, and everything mushroomed, which is why PoA ended up the way it was, with the ILR permanently off.

That's the way he put it in one of the threads below. Don't get your hopes up.

Last edited:

Elendiel

First Post
There is a way that requires cooperation from a DM, but not unduly so, IF you have your characters saved locally (on your machine, I mean -- in your characters folder). If so, load a NWN module that doesn't enforce ILR (any high-level one will probably do) with the first illegal character, unequip everything, save this character again, repeat for other character, then offer to send these files, so that a DM can replace your illegal chars with the legal versions in the Server vault. When on the Chainmail server, you can reequip everything that meets the ILR and sell the rest or keep it for ulterior use.

You may know that and not have your chars saved locally, in which case I apologize for a useless post.

-- Pierre-Paul

Last edited:

Doshi

First Post
Elendiel said:
There is a way that requires cooperation from a DM, but not unduly so... then offer to send these files, so that a DM can replace your illegal chars with the legal versions in the Server vault.
How does one contact a DM for this?

- I have a PC I messed up by using a light gem on an equipped weapon, so now I can't use him since the katana is now a restricted level. :(

EN_blakman

First Post
cantrip said:
Is Dram equipped with PoA gear? I couldn't find anything with a level requirement above 20.
Yep, he is; i don't know which gear might be the problematic one.

Elendiel said:
You may know that and not have your chars saved locally, in which case I apologize for a useless post.
No, absolutly not a useless post. I saved my chars on an unregular basis, chance is that i have them with a nearly actual state in my local vault. Will take a look this evening; you probably made my day! :)

Doshi said:
How does one contact a DM for this?
Morrus email Adress is below all threads under "Contact Morrus" and Neo may be contacted through his website http://www.neo-innovation.com/ (animated snail-mail-icon). I recall that i read it somewhere that you should contact them on this way if you for example wish to make a *special* 1st lvl char with LETO and send it to them on this way.

Last edited:

Neo

Explorer
This will be sorted as soon as I can get on to the necessary place to resolve it for you though currently Im unable to gain access.

Neo

Explorer
Apologies for the delay in resolving this but its currently out of my hands.. with the New Year the DM and Server Access passwords seem to have been changed and I was apparently missed out of the loop with regards to needing to know...so Im presently unable to gain access either on the server as a DM or to the module in order to replace those characters for you until Russ replies to my email. (its been a week or so..but will hopefully reply soon).

Celia_Gyweth

First Post
You ARE alive

Neo said:
Apologies for the delay in resolving this but its currently out of my hands.. with the New Year the DM and Server Access passwords seem to have been changed and I was apparently missed out of the loop with regards to needing to know...so Im presently unable to gain access either on the server as a DM or to the module in order to replace those characters for you until Russ replies to my email. (its been a week or so..but will hopefully reply soon).

Neo! Sorry to hear your having DM issues with your connections. But I'm glad to see your still alive. Was kinda wondering where you had been :)

Remove ads