• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Choose Insight's Next Game!

What would you be interested in playing?

• Espionage - using Savage Worlds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Espionage - using another "rules-lite" system (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Insight

Adventurer
Hello fellow EN Worlders:

I am looking to run a new game, but I'm not settled on what to run (either system or genre).

I'm posting a poll to see what people are interested in playing. I should state that I am looking for a more RP-based experience, since I believe that PBP is best suited for RP as opposed to lots of combats.

I've created a poll for this. If you're interested in any of these ideas, please vote for the ones you'd be interested in playing. I'll start a new game for whatever gets the most votes.

Walking Dad

First Post
Voted Savage Worlds Low Fantasy. But I also like RuneQuest. But I doubt it qualifies as a "rules-light" system. No D&D or d20 connection, right?

Insight

Adventurer
Voted Savage Worlds Low Fantasy. But I also like RuneQuest. But I doubt it qualifies as a "rules-light" system. No D&D or d20 connection, right?

Well, I'd rather not do d20 if possible. I don't have anything against d20 necessarily, but it's not really "rules light" IMO.

Leif

Adventurer
I'm willing to try Savage Worlds or True20. Unfortunately, I own neither of those systems.

But wait! I seem to remember ordering a True20 book a few years ago. Maybe I can find it, and maybe it'll be the right one. No guarantees on either count, though.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
There is a slightly tweaked True20 srd available (it is actually for Blue Rose) and the Savage Worlds Quickstart with the free fantasy extra material should be enough to make a character and play.

Insight

Adventurer
There is a slightly tweaked True20 srd available (it is actually for Blue Rose) and the Savage Worlds Quickstart with the free fantasy extra material should be enough to make a character and play.

True on both counts. I have some very old True20 stuff, but have a lot more SW materials, so I would prefer the latter, if I had to choose between the two.

In any event, I am willing to assist anyone who wants to play and doesn't own the books.

Leif

Adventurer
I just downloaded (for free) the Savage Worlds TestDrive (v 3.0) from RPG Geek, and also downloaded Advanced Dungeons & Savages with errata from Dragonsfoot.

My links go straight to the download pages for each of the above-mentioned documents.

Last edited:

Remove ads