Help Choose Insight's Next Game!

What would you be interested in playing?

• Espionage - using Savage Worlds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Espionage - using another "rules-lite" system (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Insight

Adventurer
Hello fellow EN Worlders:

I am looking to run a new game, but I'm not settled on what to run (either system or genre).

I'm posting a poll to see what people are interested in playing. I should state that I am looking for a more RP-based experience, since I believe that PBP is best suited for RP as opposed to lots of combats.

I've created a poll for this. If you're interested in any of these ideas, please vote for the ones you'd be interested in playing. I'll start a new game for whatever gets the most votes.

Walking Dad

First Post
Voted Savage Worlds Low Fantasy. But I also like RuneQuest. But I doubt it qualifies as a "rules-light" system. No D&D or d20 connection, right?

Insight

Adventurer
Voted Savage Worlds Low Fantasy. But I also like RuneQuest. But I doubt it qualifies as a "rules-light" system. No D&D or d20 connection, right?

Well, I'd rather not do d20 if possible. I don't have anything against d20 necessarily, but it's not really "rules light" IMO.

Leif

Adventurer
I'm willing to try Savage Worlds or True20. Unfortunately, I own neither of those systems.

But wait! I seem to remember ordering a True20 book a few years ago. Maybe I can find it, and maybe it'll be the right one. No guarantees on either count, though.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
There is a slightly tweaked True20 srd available (it is actually for Blue Rose) and the Savage Worlds Quickstart with the free fantasy extra material should be enough to make a character and play.

Insight

Adventurer
There is a slightly tweaked True20 srd available (it is actually for Blue Rose) and the Savage Worlds Quickstart with the free fantasy extra material should be enough to make a character and play.

True on both counts. I have some very old True20 stuff, but have a lot more SW materials, so I would prefer the latter, if I had to choose between the two.

In any event, I am willing to assist anyone who wants to play and doesn't own the books.

Leif

Adventurer
I just downloaded (for free) the Savage Worlds TestDrive (v 3.0) from RPG Geek, and also downloaded Advanced Dungeons & Savages with errata from Dragonsfoot.

My links go straight to the download pages for each of the above-mentioned documents.

Last edited:

Remove ads